Answered

Riproduzione musica da Giradischi Pioneer DJ PLX-500 su impianto acustico SONOS

• 21 July 2021
  • 5 replies

Ho un impianto SONOS con Playbar, 2 Play3, 1 SUB e 2 Sonos On SL. Se acquosto Sonon PORT posso connettere il giradischi Pioneer direttamente a Sonos port ascoltare gli Lp sull’impianto SONOS? Se il Line OUT di PORT è connesso all’amplificatore Onkyo  posso ascoltare gli LP anche sull’impianto tradizionale?

Spero di essermi spiegato

Grazie

I have a SONOS system with Playbar, 2 Play3, 1 SUB and 2 Sonos On SL. If I buy Sonon PORT, can I connect the Pioneer turntable directly to Sonos port to listen to LPs on the SONOS system? If the PORT Line OUT is connected to the Onkyo amplifier, can I also listen to the LPs on the traditional system?

I hope I have explained

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Corry P 22 July 2021, 10:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @gb1966 

As long as your turntable has an in-built pre-amp, then the answer to both of your questions is yes.

If not, you could either purchase a pre-amp to put between the turntable and the Port, or connect the turntable to the Phono connection on your amplifier and (usually) Tape Out or Tape Rec to the input of the Port. Please note that the music will be delayed on Sonos units by at least 75ms in the latter case, compared to what you hear from the amplifier, but there is the advantage that you can play any source on the amplifier through Sonos, not just the turntable.

I hope this helps.

...and it seems your model (DJ PLX-500) doesn't need any kind of pre-amplification since it’s onboarding both Line and Phono outputs so basically there’s an integrated pre-amp.

Cheers! 😉

Yes, the PLX-500 has Line and phono output. If i select “Line” output on the turntable I can connect the turntable directly to the Sonons Port and listen the LP on (for example) two Sonos One without any other component (Onkyo Amplifiier, Sonos AMp, etc.)

Correct?

Thank you in advance

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @gb1966 

Yes, the PLX-500 has Line and phono output. If i select “Line” output on the turntable I can connect the turntable directly to the Sonons Port and listen the LP on (for example) two Sonos One without any other component (Onkyo Amplifiier, Sonos AMp, etc.)

Correct?

Thank you in advance

Absolutely correct, yes.

If you also connect the Port’s Line-Out to an input on the amplifier, you can then listen to the same LP on your Sonos and non-Sonos gear together (though if the amplifier does any additional audio processing it may induce a delay).

Please see the Line Out Levels section of our Set up your Sonos Port help page for full details on this, but you probably want to choose a Fixed output level for the best signal-to-noise ratio, and control the Port’s volume from the amplifier and not from the Sonos app (Sonos One volume of turntable playback would still be controlled by the Sonos app or the speaker’s touch buttons).

Ho un impianto SONOS con Playbar, 2 Play3, 1 SUB e 2 Sonos On SL. Se acquosto Sonon PORT posso connettere il giradischi Pioneer direttamente a Sonos port ascoltare gli Lp sull’impianto SONOS? Se il Line OUT di PORT è connesso all’amplificatore Onkyo  posso ascoltare gli LP anche sull’impianto tradizionale?

Spero di essermi spiegato

Grazie

I have a SONOS system with Playbar, 2 Play3, 1 SUB and 2 Sonos On SL. If I buy Sonon PORT, can I connect the Pioneer turntable directly to Sonos port to listen to LPs on the SONOS system? If the PORT Line OUT is connected to the Onkyo amplifier, can I also listen to the LPs on the traditional system?

I hope I have explained

Thank you

Hi dear,

(DJ PLX-500) doesn't need any kind of pre-amplification since it’s onboarding both Line and Phono outputs so basically there’s an integrated pre-amp.

*****Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*