RESTORE AUDIBLE SERVICE..... OR WE BOYCOTT....

Userlevel 2
Tell me WHEN the service will be restored to AUDIBLE..... the fact that it does NOT work is ludi5ludicrous and it's a deal breaker, we hope, for many others.

prompt resolution demanded.... nicely

With all due respect,

We recently purchased 18 SONOS products to fill my studio.... We are very very diappointed.... FYI, if you care?....

NO AUDIBLE = RETURN TO STORE + HONEST REVIEWS ONLINE

Unless, u tell can me this will be fixed ASAP...? You give no timeline on your website! If Pandora or Sirius failed, you would not stall like this.... STOP DISCRIMINATING!!!

AUDIBLE IS AS IMPORTANT AS SIRIUS SPOTIFY, ETC. FIX IT ASAP!!!!!!! (please)

Whose with me?

#boycottSONOS (?) .......for thier discrimination against AUDIBLE listeners!!! 😕

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

45 replies

You are agressive without foundation.

Sonos announced summer
It would be fine to say publicly that it is in private beta
In fact I am signed up to help Sonos with their beta testing
So back off and let Sonos give a more informed reply
There is no need to overly defend Sonos - it's a simple question - I launch products all the time and I can give a better update than summer

It's summer in Australia in December

You are on ignore unless you can be more polite / constructive
Sonos never discusses private beta.

And this forum doesn't have ignore.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Boycott my wonderful multiroom music system because a service that is known not to be offered at the moment isn't there? Are you kidding? Is any of your 18 units a Play:5, Connect or Connect:Amp? If so you could stream Audible using a line-in.

Sonos have nothing to fear from anybody's "honest review". Are you going to be honest enough to admit you bought 18 components without first checking if your deal-breaker service was available?

Oh.. and please don't shout.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
"Boycott my wonderful multiroom music system because a service that is known not to be offered at the moment isn't there?" YES, they are right to return. It's an important service to some of us, I'd return all of mine if I could.

"Are you kidding?" NO

"Is any of your 18 units a Play:5, Connect or Connect:Amp? If so you could stream Audible using a line-in." RIDICULOUS.... it is a pain and clunky

"Sonos have nothing to fear from anybody's "honest review". Are you going to be honest enough to admit you bought 18 components without first checking if your deal-breaker service was available?" TYPICAL SONOS FANBOY SHILL.... there is often a big difference between Sonos ad-ware and what they actually support, so it's not trivial to keep track (for example? the ad-ware implies support of huge libraries in flexible locations, reality is that most support issues have a Sonos tech support person saying "that's a very large library, but it should be ok..."

"Oh.. and please don't shout. " I THINK SHOUTING IS JUSTIFIED!!!!!!!
Smells like stinky socks in here.
I too want to add my voice to the Audible debate. When I first purchased my Sonos system Audible was an available service on it and then they suddenly axed it without any explanation or indication if or when it might be restored. Is there to be any update on the situation. Who's at fault by the way Amazon (Audible) or Sonos?
I too want to add my voice to the Audible debate. When I first purchased my Sonos system Audible was an available service on it and then they suddenly axed it without any explanation or indication if or when it might be restored. Is there to be any update on the situation. Who's at fault by the way Amazon (Audible) or Sonos?

The explanation was in the original announcement (Audible was making changes that would eventually break the Sonos implementation) and recently they announced in the same thread the fix would be coming this summer.
Please make it happen soon. I listen to Audible every day.

My answer SONOS user John B, that advocates just "use line in" is respectfully Please would you try it doing the "Line in" every time use SONOS or at the very least one time a day each day for the next two months.
When I purchased the first part of my SONOS system I spoke with SONOS and was assured Audible would be "Very Soon" I've been waiting for over 2 years.

Which summer will it roll out 2017 ?
Is it safe to say summer is here..? Rather unpatient for Audible to work on my Sonos. Wired Line-ins is not a solution - I expect Sonos to come up with a wireless solution..
The wireless solution I've been successfully using for over a year now is a combination of a MacBook running SonoAir, which acts as an interface for the Audible content played on said laptop and then pushed wirelessly into the Sonos environment.
Alternatively, any DNLA-compatible smartphone app offers the same possibility (with the smartphone's Audible app being the source player of the Audible content respectively).
Granted, these are workarounds using third party software but they actually do work like a charm.

Why anyone would buy a set of 18 speakers (quite a reasonable amount) without clarifying whether the offered features of said product match one's needs BEFORE purchase is beyond me though.

Why anyone would buy a set of 18 speakers (quite a reasonable amount) without clarifying whether the offered features of said product match one's needs BEFORE purchase is beyond me though.

Your suggestions are good, but just a clarification regarding your comment about "clarifying whether the offered features of said product match one's needs BEFORE..."

Sonos had audible support since like 2006 until Sonos canned it. This is why people are pissed off and impatient.
I get your point but was under the impression that the Op purchased those 18 zone players a couple of months ago. If Sonos was still promoting full Audible compatibility at that time it would certainly be another matter.
I get your point but was under the impression that the Op purchased those 18 zone players a couple of months ago. If Sonos was still promoting full Audible compatibility at that time it would certainly be another matter.

After re-reading the OP I can see what you are saying. I took it to mean they added 18 speakers to whatever they already had, but I can see why you didn't. 😃
An update from sonos would be good. The summer is here after all!
Userlevel 1
I am completely disgusted with Sonos because of this Audible problem. I am really happy you are using CAPS because it is a terrible situation. When I first purchased my six product system Audible access WAS one of the programs available. It was wonderful. Within a few months it disappeared and it was impossible to get information about what happened. That was THREE YEARS ago. That is a long time. Back at the beginning of the year Sonos indicated they would have it available this summer. It is the end of August, but no Audible. Still a few weeks of summer so maybe it will show up. I'm not holding my breath. This system has cost me close to two grand and no update about where things are. I use this system mostly to listen to spoken word. It is a SOUND system. Sonos has been a huge disappointment in this regard.
Why would anyone buy high quality speakers like Sonos strictly for listening to Audible? Even a humble Dot would work for that.
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
I am completely disgusted with Sonos because of this Audible problem...Within a few months it disappeared and it was impossible to get information about what happened. That was THREE YEARS ago. That is a long time. Back at the beginning of the year Sonos indicated they would have it available this summer. It is the end of August, but no Audible. Still a few weeks of summer so maybe it will show up. I'm not holding my breath...I use this system mostly to listen to spoken word. It is a SOUND system.
It really has been poorly handled, and I sympathize with that. I hope you won't mind some observations though.

1. Sonos announced in advance of the update that the support would be removed and why. It was covered well on tech sites.
2. Which I should mention was two years ago, not three.
3. Summer isn't over, and while I can appreciate your skepticism let me say this. I fully expect to see Audible return when Alexa support is added. I haven't heard any official word on that; it's just logical to me.
4. In case you hadn't seen, Sonos does support Audiobooks.com, which might tide you over until Audible returns:
https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4101/~/audiobooks.com-and-sonos