RESTORE AUDIBLE SERVICE..... OR WE BOYCOTT....

Userlevel 2
Tell me WHEN the service will be restored to AUDIBLE..... the fact that it does NOT work is ludi5ludicrous and it's a deal breaker, we hope, for many others.

prompt resolution demanded.... nicely

With all due respect,

We recently purchased 18 SONOS products to fill my studio.... We are very very diappointed.... FYI, if you care?....

NO AUDIBLE = RETURN TO STORE + HONEST REVIEWS ONLINE

Unless, u tell can me this will be fixed ASAP...? You give no timeline on your website! If Pandora or Sirius failed, you would not stall like this.... STOP DISCRIMINATING!!!

AUDIBLE IS AS IMPORTANT AS SIRIUS SPOTIFY, ETC. FIX IT ASAP!!!!!!! (please)

Whose with me?

#boycottSONOS (?) .......for thier discrimination against AUDIBLE listeners!!! 😕

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

45 replies

Boycott my wonderful multiroom music system because a service that is known not to be offered at the moment isn't there? Are you kidding? Is any of your 18 units a Play:5, Connect or Connect:Amp? If so you could stream Audible using a line-in.

Sonos have nothing to fear from anybody's "honest review". Are you going to be honest enough to admit you bought 18 components without first checking if your deal-breaker service was available?

Oh.. and please don't shout.
We recently purchased 18 SONOS products to fill my studio....

... without finding out whether or not they'd do what you want - sounds, rather silly, to be honest.
Badge
Did you ever stop and think that the problem might be at the other end? I dont have any insight in this but it feels like neither do you. Do you shout at your car manufacturer when the roads are bad?

Cheers
The following post from a Sonos staff member, from another thread, may be of interest:

"Update February 8, 2017: We know a lot of Audible fans are eager to get Audible back working on their Sonos systems and we’re pleased to announce that Sonos and Audible have committed to bringing Audible back to Sonos by this summer. Please bear with us—we appreciate your patience!"

To be honest, @blingnifty, your post looks increasingly ludicrous and ill-informed.
Lol. This thread reminds me of the Facebook memes showing a gun to a puppy's head. About as effective, too.
The bunny, surely.
https://cdn.meme.am/images/600x600/11891022/or-the-bunny-gets-it.jpg
Userlevel 2
Boycott my wonderful multiroom music system because a service that is known not to be offered at the moment isn't there? Are you kidding? Is any of your 18 units a Play:5, Connect or Connect:Amp? If so you could stream Audible using a line-in.
>>>>> I DO NOT HAVE ANY UNITS YOU LISTED, BUT THAT IS IRRELEVANT, FOR REASONS STATED INITIALLY. REREAD AT YOUR EARLIEST.
Sonos have nothing to fear from anybody's "honest review". Are you going to be honest enough to admit you bought 18 components without first checking if your deal-breaker service was available?
>>>>> SALESMAN MISINFORMED. CANNOT BELIEVE YOU GUYS AND GALS? @SONOS DROPPED THE BALL(S) THIS BADLY, FYI.
Oh.. and please don't shout.

>>>>> NOT SHOUTING, FYI... I AM TYPING IN RELATIVE SILENCE, ACTUALLY. ***TIP***TURN DOWN YOUR VOLUME!!!!!!!!!!!!
Userlevel 2
[quote=John B]The following post from a Sonos staff member, from another thread, may be of interest:

"Update February 8, 2017: We know a lot of Audible fans are eager to get Audible back working on their Sonos systems and we’re pleased to announce that Sonos and Audible have committed to bringing Audible back to Sonos by this summer. Please bear with us—we appreciate your patience!"

WHEN ????????? WHEN ????????????? WHEN ????????????? is that too much to ask ??????????????
Userlevel 2

To be honest, @blingnifty, your post looks increasingly ludicrous and ill-informed.

~JOHN B.
PETTY OFFICER, IMPOTENCY DIVISION
I think the post was pretty clear as to WHEN WHEN WHEN. This summer is when. You aren't going to get a more specific date and time because Sonos doesn't schedule by specific date and time, they schedule by testing goals met. And since testing goals met is not dependent on time, asking for a specific date and time is in fact, "too much to ask".
Userlevel 2
SO SAY YOU, WHOEVER YOU ARE... TELL ME THIS.... IF SIRIUS, PANDORA, SPOTIFY... SUDDENLY BECAME INCOMPATIBLE.... WOULD THEY DRAG THEIR FEET THIS LONG TO FIX IT...???
Sigh. :8
Dude stop with the all caps. It is considered rude and will eventually get you banned. We are adults here, act like one. If you are not here to do anything besides blast out nonsense in all caps, your stay here will be both ineffective and shortlived.
SO SAY YOU, WHOEVER YOU ARE... TELL ME THIS.... IF SIRIUS, PANDORA, SPOTIFY... SUDDENLY BECAME INCOMPATIBLE.... WOULD THEY DRAG THEIR FEET THIS LONG TO FIX IT...???Probably not. Because Sonos is a music system. And because they prioritise development according to importance.
Badge
I too have been frustrated with the audible integration situation. However, it is very clear to me, from sonos announcements and the comment posted here from another thread, that sonos plans to release the audible integration with the amazon echo integration. so, go spend $50 and get yourself an echo dot to hold you over with audible until then. As a bonus, when the integration does come, you will not only have audible but you will have voice control.
Userlevel 2
SO SAY YOU, WHOEVER YOU ARE... TELL ME THIS.... IF SIRIUS, PANDORA, SPOTIFY... SUDDENLY BECAME INCOMPATIBLE.... WOULD THEY DRAG THEIR FEET THIS LONG TO FIX IT...???Probably not. Because Sonos is a music system. And because they prioritise development according to importance. .... REALLY.... WELL, I'M PRETTY SURE THE DESIGNERS CONSIDER IT AN AUDIO SYSTEM, AKA "SOUND SYSTEM." YOU SHOULD TOO. INSTEAD OF MAKING UNINTELLIGENT UNHELPFUL SNOBBISH COMMENTS TO REVEAL YOUR LOW IQ / INCOMPETENCE..... MAKE IT A PRIORITY INSTEAD..... TO GET AUDIBLE, "AUDIBLE" ON SONOS "SOUND SYSTEM"

CASE IN POINT.... READY....? >>>>

********SONOS WEBSITE CLAIMS**************
"Sonos is the wireless Home Sound System that fills as many rooms as you want... Stream via WiFi. Play WHATEVER you’re craving..."

***SEE HOW YOU ARE WRONG, JOHN.... ITS A SOUND SYSTEM, NOT A MUSIC SYSTEM.

+GUESS WHAT... I'M CRAVING AUDIBLE..... ACCORDING TO SONOS WEBSITE.... I CAN PLAY AUDIBLE [WHATEVER I'M CRAVING] RIGHT??? NO, NOT AT ALL.

***FALSE ADVERTISING!!!!!

read your own website, John, stop wasting my time with your words of contradiction. Acknowledge your ignorance and apologize for Sonos FALSE ADVERTISING and your RUDE COMMENTS, sans solution.
Whatever
You think I work for Sonos? Of course I don't. This is a public forum. Post rubbish on here and expect to be told it's rubbish.
...your attitude is repulsive. your rudeness....

If anyone is being rude and has a repulsive attitude then it's you...

You don't expect anyone around here to take you seriously when you behave like this, do you? I also doubt that such puerile behaviour will help to make a case with Sonos, whose employees are unfailingly polite.
Just for the record, I can understand the frustration of those who value Audible on Sonos. But the cause is not helped by abusive, ranting posts. The fact is that around 50% of Sonos users have Spotify accounts. I don't know how many use Audible, but common sense dictates that it must be far fewer. So the commercial reality is that Audible is not going to get the same priority that Spotify is. We also don't know how difficult technically the re-integration is.

If a user really "craves" Audible on Sonos they can have it right now by using a line-in to a suitably-equipped Sonos component, as I pointed out very early in the thread. Full integration is promised to be only months away.

So I don't really understand what the OP expects to achieve, but he clearly just needs to wait for what has been promised to be delivered.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Although I am also disappointed with the time lag in resurrecting Audible, I long ago got over it by simply purchasing a relatively inexpensive refurbished Apple airport router and connecting it to the linein of my Sonos Connect. This can also be done with any Sonos speaker that has linein. Problem solved. Anyone who covets Audible can do the same. It's really not a deal breaker, IMHO.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi everyone, we went through and deleted some posts that got way out of line.

We know the Audible integration is sorely missed, and we're working with them to bring it back. It'll be here this summer, so it's not too far off, and as others have said, there are some workarounds too.

Thanks for your patience, and please remember not to attack any users on the community. Sonos employees are clearly marked as well.
Does that mean no boycott?

🙂
can we have an update on the summer availability of Audible - you must be in beta now - as its June??? Politely desperate to have Audible...... thanks for any update
If they were going to announce anything, that would be the public beta and would be very publicly announced already. Unless you mean a private beta? If so, you don't really expect them to say anything about a private beta, do you?