Answered

Resolved - Pandora Unable to Browse or asking for Authorization Code

Userlevel 2

Pandora decided to stop working today. It finally said it needed to be “reauthorized”. I hit the button and brought me to a page that asks for an activation code. But I don’t have an activation code… when I hit “forgot code” or “where to find code”, I get this... 

I forgot my code

If you have forgotten your code, you can retrieve it from the product you are trying to set up. Simply select the Pandora option on your product, and it will give you a code to use on this page.

But no matter where I look on the Sonos app, I don’t see an activation code.  When I hit the authorize button it pulls me through a screen or two within the app but no code found there.  

I also tried to remove the service and re add. And have the same issue… I know this was much easier when I did it forever ago...

icon

Best answer by Ryan S 20 April 2020, 22:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

106 replies

Mine started working late yesterday, Sat Apr 18. I had fully removed Pandora from Sonos app on Mac OS and was trying to re-add it. It was hung up on the Activation Code error. Then, no explanation, it just started working.

As of this morning, Pandora is back up and working again on my system. It must have been a back-end fix because I didn’t do anything locally to correct the issue (other than cursing :-) ).

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hi everyone, sorry for the interruption over the weekend, as you all know by now, there was an outage of Pandora on Sonos that cropped up on during the day on Saturday. As of Saturday night it should be fully resolved. As of now, if you’re having any trouble with Pandora on Sonos, it shouldn’t be related to this outage and I’d encourage you to contact our support team to look into the issue. 

If you suspect any service issues, a great place to start is our status page.

Moderation note: I’ll be moving some of the other converstations on this outage to this thread for tracking purposes.

10/29/20 - Its not working again…..although this is the first time I have experienced it on my system.

Spotify works, Sonos Radio works, music library works…….Pandora can not connect to my Sonos system, and Sonos tell me there is a network problem when I try to add the service to my Sonos account via my phone or tablet.

Check www.status.Sonos.com and you’ll find Pandora is down currently.

Thanks Airgetlam..…

I didn't know anything about that page when I was trying to figure out what was going on and found this posting. Then I found the link to the status page somewhere else. I bookmarked it for future reference, and I appreciate your reply !

Thanks !