Answered

Resolved - Pandora Unable to Browse or asking for Authorization Code

Userlevel 2

Pandora decided to stop working today. It finally said it needed to be “reauthorized”. I hit the button and brought me to a page that asks for an activation code. But I don’t have an activation code… when I hit “forgot code” or “where to find code”, I get this... 

I forgot my code

If you have forgotten your code, you can retrieve it from the product you are trying to set up. Simply select the Pandora option on your product, and it will give you a code to use on this page.

But no matter where I look on the Sonos app, I don’t see an activation code.  When I hit the authorize button it pulls me through a screen or two within the app but no code found there.  

I also tried to remove the service and re add. And have the same issue… I know this was much easier when I did it forever ago...

icon

Best answer by Ryan S 20 April 2020, 22:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

106 replies

same issue

I have the exact same problem. Unplugged my Sonus to move it, plugged it back in, prompted  me to upgrade and after the upgrade when I tried to connect to Pandora it takes me to pandora.com asking me for an activation code - the activation code is no where to be found.

same issue here. anyone with a solution?

Badge

I lost Pandora on my Sonos and guess what? Same thing!

Then it says to just “open product” and it will display activation code. NOT.

Userlevel 2

I’m going with a wonky update that may take them a few to fix.  IHeart radio or Sirius for now...

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’m having the same issue.  Have uninstalled and reinstalled app but no luck.  Powered off sonos and restarted.   Still no activation code.   

https://status.sonos.com/

Userlevel 1
Badge

Same issue here.   Very frustrating.   

Me as well. I click to Authorize and no code. Completely blank. Just happened today. I can’t add it on ANY of my devices. Sucks. 

Same here, no auth code given.  

Having the same problem. I tried rebooting all my speakers, router, deleting the app, and reinstalling. Nothing worked. Very frustrating.

The app seems to be unable to take you to the option to login with an existing Pandora account.

Badge

Thank you so much, Bruce!!! So there is an outage with Pandora… BUT, I am able to play it on my devices, just not via Sonos.

Badge

Oops… that was from Sonos. Got it. Thanks again!

Same with me. Asking for reauth code but no where to get code

Thanks Bruce. That’s really helpful 

Same issue immediately following update.  fingers crossed for a wuick patch.

Same issue here…. Anybody have a fix yet?

I’ll tell you what.  I’ve spent about a grand on my Sonos system, house-wide, and this is the final straw.  I really don’t care if Sonos broke things or if Pandora did, but combine this with the ‘End of Life’ of the Gen 1 products and I’m >this< close to just selling it all on ebay and finding a new system.

ahh. Bruce!! - - thanks for posting the link.. been trying to figure this out for a while and found this thread.  thx you all!  hope to get back up and running soon… need that activation code to get back to my routine.

So now that none of us can not find any activation code for pandora what’s the solution ? 

Badge +1

Seems many are having the same problem. Looks like Sonos hit the reset on everyone. Well done Sonos. Of course they are closed now.  What a joke…. I wished there was a better system out there. As Sonos keeps doing stupid stuff like this. 

Badge +1

Seems Sonos has an outage, as for code it would have been authorized once you logged into Pandora, but Sonos isn’t responding. 

Just started happening on my system as well. Saw that someone else asked about this 4 months ago and the thread is now closed to comments. Does that mean there is a solution? https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/pandora-asks-for-activation-code-6832756

This is so frustrating.  Same here.  No activation code to be found on my app or my Mac.  After many failed attempts, I removed my pandora account and when I went to add it again, it still was prompting me to activate the account with no activation code.  

I’ve LOVED my sonos system for 6 years now.  And ever since they announced they were phasing out the technology and then they took it back after negative feedback… I’ve been having problems with my system.

Userlevel 1

Thank god, I thought I was the only one… only way I’m making it through Covid 19 is with music. I first thought I needed to upgrade, but I’m already upgraded, so I’ve been tech’ing out for the last 60mins try to figure out where the hell this damn activation code is. Good to see I’m not alone… hope this gets resolved soon.