Answered

Resolved - Pandora Unable to Browse or asking for Authorization Code

Userlevel 2

Pandora decided to stop working today. It finally said it needed to be “reauthorized”. I hit the button and brought me to a page that asks for an activation code. But I don’t have an activation code… when I hit “forgot code” or “where to find code”, I get this... 

I forgot my code

If you have forgotten your code, you can retrieve it from the product you are trying to set up. Simply select the Pandora option on your product, and it will give you a code to use on this page.

But no matter where I look on the Sonos app, I don’t see an activation code.  When I hit the authorize button it pulls me through a screen or two within the app but no code found there.  

I also tried to remove the service and re add. And have the same issue… I know this was much easier when I did it forever ago...

icon

Best answer by Ryan S 20 April 2020, 22:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

106 replies

Userlevel 1

I am trying to re setup my sonos system and am unable to setup pandora.  It is asking for an activation code, but the code is not shown in the PC or mobile app when trying to setup pandora.  Where do I get the code?

Userlevel 1

Thanks to everyone for chiming in on this. I thought I had done something wrong. Honestly both Sonos and Pandora seem to care very little about their user community. Although I have thousands invested in Sonos I would switch in a minute if something better came along. Over the last few years I have been moving my music to Spotify, this may be the time to cut bait with Pandora forever. 

So wild - same here! Came here hoping the issue would be resolved. Clearly music is needed when we are all stuck at home - pandora has been funky for the past few weeks w/Sonos 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Same here. I removed Pandora since it was having issues connecting and playing normally. Now this garbage is happening. I can’t find a code to activate Pandora. 

I have the exact same problem. Unplugged my Sonus to move it, plugged it back in, prompted  me to upgrade and after the upgrade when I tried to connect to Pandora it takes me to pandora.com asking me for an activation code - the activation code is no where to be found.

same issue here. anyone with a solution?

Userlevel 2

I’m going with a wonky update that may take them a few to fix.  IHeart radio or Sirius for now...

Userlevel 1
Badge

Same issue here.   Very frustrating.   

Me as well. I click to Authorize and no code. Completely blank. Just happened today. I can’t add it on ANY of my devices. Sucks. 

Userlevel 1

Thank god, I thought I was the only one… only way I’m making it through Covid 19 is with music. I first thought I needed to upgrade, but I’m already upgraded, so I’ve been tech’ing out for the last 60mins try to figure out where the hell this damn activation code is. Good to see I’m not alone… hope this gets resolved soon.

Same here. Just started today, and now Pandora is borked on Sonos. And during quarantine no less! I hope Sonos issues some guidance on this soon.

This issue just cropped up for me as well. Unbelievable. I found an activation code in the URL, it appears to be passing to Pandora, but Pandora says “activation code not valid”. It doesn’t matter whether resetting anything, trying from my iPhone or computer, or other computers. Way to ruin a Saturday night in quarantine!!

Same here, very frustrating

https://status.sonos.com/

Note: Pandora uses different servers to feed the Sonos speakers than they do to serve their own application. 

Userlevel 1

Pandora decided to stop working today. It finally said it needed to be “reauthorized”. I hit the button and brought me to a page that asks for an activation code. But I don’t have an activation code… when I hit “forgot code” or “where to find code”, I get this... 

I forgot my code

If you have forgotten your code, you can retrieve it from the product you are trying to set up. Simply select the Pandora option on your product, and it will give you a code to use on this page.

But no matter where I look on the Sonos app, I don’t see an activation code.  When I hit the authorize button it pulls me through a screen or two within the app but no code found there.  

I also tried to remove the service and re add. And have the same issue… I know this was much easier when I did it forever ago...

IT’S (Pandora) BACK… up and running again

Userlevel 1

https://status.sonos.com/

Note: Pandora uses different servers to feed the Sonos speakers than they do to serve their own application. 

Thank this is very helpful as we now know they are aware!

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hi everyone, sorry for the interruption over the weekend, as you all know by now, there was an outage of Pandora on Sonos that cropped up on during the day on Saturday. As of Saturday night it should be fully resolved. As of now, if you’re having any trouble with Pandora on Sonos, it shouldn’t be related to this outage and I’d encourage you to contact our support team to look into the issue. 

If you suspect any service issues, a great place to start is our status page.

Moderation note: I’ll be moving some of the other converstations on this outage to this thread for tracking purposes.

Badge +2

Pandora no longer works…. Can’t see favorite stations, etc. Tried to reauth the account, and i get “check your network connection - there was a problem getting started”… etc etc. 

But Spotify still works perfectly. Have tried to reath on both mobile and Windows client, wired and wifi as well. 

I can login Pandora directly and play music from a web browser.. so seems like the connection between Pandora and Sonos is down?

Anyone experience this suddenly?

I am trying to re setup my sonos system and am unable to setup pandora.  It is asking for an activation code, but the code is not shown in the PC or mobile app when trying to setup pandora.  Where do I get the code?

I have the same problem. Mine was set up but stopped working. I uninstalled the app and when I reinstalled it, it asked for an activation code. I can still tell Alexa to play Pandora on the Sonos speaker but I can’t do it from my phone. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’m having the same issue.  Have uninstalled and reinstalled app but no luck.  Powered off sonos and restarted.   Still no activation code.   

Same here, no auth code given.  

Having the same problem. I tried rebooting all my speakers, router, deleting the app, and reinstalling. Nothing worked. Very frustrating.

The app seems to be unable to take you to the option to login with an existing Pandora account.

Same with me. Asking for reauth code but no where to get code

Thanks Bruce. That’s really helpful 

Same issue immediately following update.  fingers crossed for a wuick patch.