Answered

Resolved - Apple Music Library Not Updating

Hi forum! For some reason, since updating to the latest update (version 8.2) my Apple Music connection seems to be being strange. If I download a new album via Apple Music, it downloads correctly but it doesn’t add to My Music on the Sonos app. If I add that same downloaded album to a playlist, it appears! I’m unsure why therefore if it will display in a playlist, why it doesn’t just show up in My Music under the correct artist or album?!
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 22 November 2017, 21:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

100 replies

Userlevel 1
This issue is NOT resolved, contrary to Sonos's sunny statements to the contrary! I am ready to punt Sonos! I have spent hours trying to get this balky software to access/update my apple playlists.
I hate to add to this giant list but I would have to agree. Apple Music is still having an issue updating when used through the sonos app. Kind of an annoying issue given the amount spent.
Yes I am having the same issue now for about 48 hours with a newly created playlist.
Same issue for me
Badge
I am having the same issues.
Same issue here. Waited 4 days for “recently added” to update to what I’d actually recently added! 😠
I agree that this is not resolved. My playlist is weeks out of date and all my software is up to date.
Yep, same issue with me. My Apple Music on Sonos has not updated since Christmas. I’ve tried removing, re-installing, etc.... Very frustrating!
i see this thread started 3 months ago but im still having all these problems. i love sonos and dont want to move too another brand. please help someone
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
In going around about it found that going into apple Settings. Music. Icloud music library. Toggle it off. Go out. Go back in toggle it on.

Seems apple has issue with apple music not properly updating to the cloud (and thus to Sonos). Seems to have been issue with ios icloud and apple music from what have seen in troubleshooting. Not actually a Sonos issue but without Apple Music updating to the cloud Sonos then doesn't get the most up to date playlists etc.
In going around about it found that going into apple Settings. Music. Icloud music library. Toggle it off. Go out. Go back in toggle it on.

Seems apple has issue with apple music not properly updating to the cloud (and thus to Sonos). Seems to have been issue with ios icloud and apple music from what have seen in troubleshooting. Not actually a Sonos issue but without Apple Music updating to the cloud Sonos then doesn't get the most up to date playlists etc.

however im on samsung and theres no similar options
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Not familiar have you checked sync settings in its settings
The below statement from the community manger was clearly dated 22 Nov 2017, and yet there are comments here stating the exact same issue that everyone has been having from the beginning dated only a few days ago! I am still having the same problems! Why is nothing further being done"Best answer by Ryan" S 22 November 2017, 21:50

Best answer by C 22 November 2017, 21:50

Thanks for jumping in everyone!

We've gotten the final all clear from the team and this issue should now be fully resolved.

Please let us know if anything new comes up.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Because it is most likely a personal issue in that mine updates fine now. I would call Sonos support on the phone if you have not done so.

If you are an iPhone user issue with phone not syncing properly is normallly fixed. Y going in phone settings under Music and untogljng and retoggljng the save to iCloud option. Make sure also your iCloud is not full.
I am having the same issue. Downloading songs from Apple Music monthly service and they do not show up in sonos app. Some of the music does but not all. Please help sonos. I am ready to give up.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
did you try the toggling off and on of the icloud option and making sure your icloud storage was not full.
Yes Chris, I have tried that at least a dozen times, and to no avail. Why should we even have to do this in the first place? Software issues should be resolves by Sonos.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
ummm. I was talking to "Frustrated User".

Have you spoken to sonos support - that was my advice to you.
Yes - I have tried all of the ideas in this thread. I just deleted and reinstalled the app. Same issue. I am downloading songs on Apple Music and they don’t show up in the sonos app. Albums I downloaded last week do, not the albums I downloaded yesterday.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Downloading songs to your phone doesn't download songs to your Sonos. What area in the app is not showing what you want.

You know you seach for songs in apple music under the search menu - just type the song name.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I know I did some things in iTunes that people had recommended one time. But I dont' really use iTunes and I'm skeptical that those changes made the difference. The icloud part seemed to fix mine. It has something to do with the phone not actually updating at the apple server level what you have in your apple music. It has seemed to be at apples level not Sonos level.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
see if in iTunes on computer do your songs added to library on phone show up.
In the sonos app I click on the Apple Music section. The music I see in my Apple Music app (not sonos) does not show up. Some does but not all. I can’t play music through the sonos that doesn’t show up in the sonos app. Is there a way to “sync” them?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Seems to be a common issue people have with apple music (not a sonos issue).

Here is some more info
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/icloud-music-library-not-syncing.2043796/

the going to settings. Turning off icloud music. Checking to make sure my icloud storage was not full. rebooting phone.. turning back on icloud music did it for me. But as with a lot of things apple they make it more complicated then it should be.
I do not use iTunes. Only Apple Music (the monthly subscription service).