Answered

Résolution du problème d'intégration de Youtube Music dans l'application Sonos?

• 7 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Depuis le passage de Google Play Music dans Sonos à Youtube music dans Sonos. Je me retrouve avec une application qui ne me permet plus de profiter correctement de mon abonnement YTM.

En effet, il n'y a plus de recherches par genre, humeur ect. alors que c'était fonctionnel avec GPM.

Aussi, désormais le cast depuis l'application officielle de Youtube music vers les enceintes Sonos n'existe plus.

J'ai l'impression qu'en tant que client Sonos je paye les pots cassés entre Google et Sonos

Je ne comprends pas que Sonos qu'il y a clairement une réduction du service de YTM sur son application comparé à l'appli officielle de Google ou même en comparant avec l'ancienne intégration de GPM dans Sonos.

Sonos quand allez vous résoudre ce problème et permettre de retrouver les classifications genre, humeur ect.. dans l'appli sonos avec Youtube music ?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 8 February 2021, 12:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Savboi

The community are happy to assist in English or you can directly contact French customer support for further individualized assistance.

Thanks you

Since switching from Google Play Music in Sonos to Youtube music in Sonos. I find myself with an application that no longer allows me to properly use my YTM subscription.

Indeed, there are no more searches by genre, mood ect. while it was functional with GPM.

Also, now the cast from the official Youtube music application to Sonos speakers no longer exists.

I have the impression that as a Sonos customer I am paying the price for the deal between Google and Sonos

I do not understand that Sonos that there is clearly a reduction in the service of YTM on its app compared to the official Google app or even in comparison with the old integration of GPM in Sonos.

Sonos, when are you going to solve this problem and allow you to find the genre, mood, etc. classifications in the sonos app with Youtube music?

In addition, here is the response from Google assistance on Youtube music: Hello Aurelien,

This is David from the YouTube and Play Music team, I hope you are doing well. Thank you for your comeback.

I do see a lack of some research material on the new Sonos S2. I am currently and still using the older generation of the Sonos application called "Sonos S1 application". Hopefully the issue will be rectified with future Sonos updates. As members of the Google Support Team, we cannot speak on behalf of Sonos.

I really appreciate your patience and I apologize for the inconvenience. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you need anything else.

As a guess, that YTM rep doesn’t understand how Sonos works. Sonos has written a single API that all services use. They (Google/YTM) implement the API on their own servers, and then tell Sonos where to point the Sonos clients to, so that the Sonos clients can get the data. So, when you enter a search term in the Sonos controller, it immediately passes off the request to the YTM servers, which then processes the request, and sends a response back to the Sonos controller, which Sonos then presents to you, without any modification.

This process would be exactly the same on either the S1 or S2 controller. 

And the same happens with music. Sonos uses the port/server locations provided by Google/YTM to play the music.

In neither case does the data ever exist on a Sonos server, at all times your controller, or more technically, the process running on the speakers, is talking directly to a Google server, and nothing is being ‘filtered’ through a Sonos server in any way. 

Probably, I don't know who is responsible for this malfunction that didn't exist with Google play music, but I would like Sonos to look into this problem with a heavy weight of online music anyway.