Answered

Requested Operation Failed. Please try again. - Amazon Music

Userlevel 1
Badge

This started last week. I was literally listening to a station, then it stopped. I did find previous topics, but uninstalling/reinstalling Amazon Music has not worked. I’ve reset Sonos but have not uninstalled Sonos.  I’m on an iPad.

Pandora and Sonos Radio work.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 21 July 2021, 20:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

17 replies

Not sure the iPad is the issue. It’s more likely a connection between the speaker and the server for Amazon. I’d certainly try fixing it by unplugging the Sonos speaker(s) from power. Once they’re unplugged, reboot your router. Once the router comes back up, plug back in your Sonos devices. 

This does several things. Reloads the software running the router and the Sonos speaker. Resets / repopulates the DNS data that may have changed between you and the Amazon Music server. Fixes any potential (albeit unlikely) duplicate IP addresses.

What that process doesn’t do is fix issues that may be occurring on Amazon’s servers. If it happens again, after you’ve done the above process, submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this issue, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I’ve had a few Amazon stations quit working for me, don’t know exactly why.

I particularly notice this if I add a station to My Sonos. It seems like Amazon changes the name or something and it quits playing. Going back to the Amazon service and re-adding it usually gets it working again. Then you have to carefully remove the non-working link from My Sonos.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Not sure the iPad is the issue. It’s more likely a connection between the speaker and the server for Amazon. I’d certainly try fixing it by unplugging the Sonos speaker(s) from power. Once they’re unplugged, reboot your router. Once the router comes back up, plug back in your Sonos devices. 

This does several things. Reloads the software running the router and the Sonos speaker. Resets / repopulates the DNS data that may have changed between you and the Amazon Music server. Fixes any potential (albeit unlikely) duplicate IP addresses.

What that process doesn’t do is fix issues that may be occurring on Amazon’s servers. If it happens again, after you’ve done the above process, submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this issue, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Thanks, unfortunately rebooting the router didn’t resolve the issue…

Same thing just started happening to me yesterday. I removed and then reinstated Amazon music which worked for a short time but stopped when I tried to change the prime station. It’s very frustrating. I don’t know how to submit a diagnostic report but will try and figure it out. Hoping there is a quick and painless repair available soon.

update:  also getting this error for Spotify, but not Sirius or Hearts of Space. I reauthorized Amazon without success. Then removed and reinstated it again without success.  This will be a pain if Amazon Music is lost to me as a source cuz we listen to it a lot. 

Sonos techs please weigh in here. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Chat support was not able to resolve the issue and I wasn’t able to stay on he line with phone support.  The issue seems to be specifically with Prime Stations. All other options within Amazon Music plays.

When I had to disconnect from the call, the agent wanted to diagnosis my Asus router...

@ineverstop Yes, it seems it’s the Prime Stations only. I tested all the other choices: Playlists, albums, artists, Charts, Recommended for You, New.  Everything else played unless you choose Stations. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

@hapagirl - same with me. I’m using an iPad.

If it’s just stations, and not the standard music stream, then the issue is much more likely at the Amazon end than it is with Sonos directly. All your controller does is tell the speaker where to get the stream from Amazon, it never exists anywhere on Sonos’ servers. 

Have you checked directly with Amazon?

As a side note, there are several threads around issues with Asus routers in this forum, so while the symptom may be the same, the cause might not be, worth doing a search and reading up on the Asus issues. 

@inverstop I’ve tried both iPad and iPhone same thing. 

@Airgetlam Okay that makes some sense it could be an Amazon issue then. When I get a moment I will check with them.  Thanks for your input. 

BTW I’m using an Apple Router. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Airgetlam I have not checked with Amazon support, but the Amazon Music app plays the prime stations with no problem.

@ineverstop yes, the Prime Stations play fine on my iPad via the Amazon Music App. 

Now after 4-5 tries I got Spotify to plat at last.  Will go back and try Amazon Stations a bit later. 

I’m fairly certain that Amazon uses separate servers to feed their own app than what they tell Sonos to point to to get the data.

Amazon Stations are playing fine on the Amazon Music app, but I can’t play them on my Sonos system. I tried from my Android phone and PC. Same result. 

As I said in the post immediately before yours, Amazon uses different servers for the data they feed Sonos versus the data that they feed their own app.

Reporting back 6 hours later: both Spotify and Amazon Prime Stations are now playing fine for me, and I tried various stations. Whew, I’m glad it sorted itself out. Hope everyone else is back to normal too. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Mine is working too.