Answered

Request for adding a webradio to Sonos radio service

• 27 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello,

We are the Moroccan news agency (MAP), the leading news producer in Morocco and the owner of RIM radio.

We are interested in your audio system "SONOS". Therfore, we tried to install Sonos Application to test it, but we got all app pages blank.

My first question is, do I have to connect the app to a Sonos Speaker in order to be able to access "Browse", "Services and voice" tab and other informations?.
My second question is that our radio RIM can be integrated to your Sonos Radio service which include about 60000 radio stations from the world?

For information, RIM radio is integrated in many streaming system like TuneIn, Shoutcast, MyTuner.

Please provide us your support.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 27 April 2021, 16:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Yes. The Sonos controller is merely a ‘remote control’ to access the application running on each ‘speaker’. Without a speaker to connect to, there is really nothing for it to do. 

As for your second question, you may want to refer to the Sonos partners page. Most of the data you’d be looking for is there. 

This forum is more of a community support forum for users, rather than a method to directly communicate with Sonos corporate folks. You’d probably be better off by following the instructions there than trying to contact someone in this venue. 

Thank you for your reply.