Answered

Repeating songs from Spotify

• 21 June 2020
  • 6 replies

I'm having an issue where SONOS repeats a track. Even though its displaying the proper song on the controller it plays the previous track again. It does this with spotify, I submitted a diagnostic: 393414055. This is not a WiFi issue. I have strong WiFi round the house and the Sonos Move where this just happened is on 5GHz with strong signal. It seems to have started since I moved to S2 app. I’ve read on other posts there is an issue with the Sonos : Spotify link. I also have issues where I get the error (A long the lines of) Spotify song cannot play or is incorrectly encoded and it skips 1 or 2 tracks. But when I manually select the song it plays fine. I have rebooted and reset everything (Router, Sonos profucts) a number of times.

icon

Best answer by Krishma M 24 June 2020, 22:53

Hi @Paul1982, thanks for your confirmation and reply.

Yes, the issue with Spotify connection lost or song not encoded correctly is no longer occurring. Maybe, what I would suggest is to try a full reboot because as per diagnostic, it’s been a while since you last rebooted your Sonos devices. Try to disconnect your Asus mesh networks and Sonos devices from the power. Wait for 10 seconds and connect the router first to power, then connect the Sonos Boost and the rest of the speakers. Submit another diagnostic if you’ll get the same problem and you can also check this article about Reducing wireless interference.

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @Paul1982, thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. 

Thanks for all the efforts and the diagnostic that you have submitted. Since you’re in SONOSNET and if it’s only happening on the Sonos Move maybe we’ll need to get the model of your Asus router to check if there are some configurations that we need to go through. Sonos Move is connected on 5GHZ directly and upon checking the diagnostic, I’m also seeing that your WiFi is not just coming from the Asus router. Check if you have other network devices broadcasting the same WiFi name because it’s causing us problems as well. It should always be a unique WiFi name per manufacturer so the Sonos that are connected in SONOSNET and the Sonos Move will work together in one network. Let us know if you need anything. 

Hi, the issue is not just on the Sonos Move, it just happened to be that device that was playing when I sent my complaint. I have an Asus mesh network and have adjusted all the settings required, as mentioned on this community, on both the 5GHz and 2.4ghz networks for it to be compatible with Sonos. I have the issues where I get the error (A long the lines of) Spotify song cannot play or is incorrectly encoded and it skips 1 or 2 tracks. But when I manually select the song it plays fine. On various devices. Looking at this community i have seen Sonos admit there is an issue with Spotify connection and you have a fix to cure it. Thanks Paul

Hi,

in the mesh I have three Asus RT-AC86U routers.

Thanks

Paul

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @Paul1982, thanks for your confirmation and reply.

Yes, the issue with Spotify connection lost or song not encoded correctly is no longer occurring. Maybe, what I would suggest is to try a full reboot because as per diagnostic, it’s been a while since you last rebooted your Sonos devices. Try to disconnect your Asus mesh networks and Sonos devices from the power. Wait for 10 seconds and connect the router first to power, then connect the Sonos Boost and the rest of the speakers. Submit another diagnostic if you’ll get the same problem and you can also check this article about Reducing wireless interference.

Ok, will try that.

Hi, thanks for the suggestion of a complete power down of all devices and a unit by unit power up. It appears, so far today, to have corrected both issues. Will keep an eye on it and report back if the problem returns. Thanks Paul