Answered

Renaming Artists

I'm having an issue renaming artists in my SONOS library playlist, hoping someone can offer advice. I have several artists that should be under one name, but show up multiple times under slight variations in spelling, punctuation, etc. I use Tag&Rename and have updated the Artist Name tags so they all match, but after updating my library through the apps/controller, I don't see any change. What am I missing here?

UPDATE: I know I am re-tagging the artists right, because when I play the album, it shows the new, correctly tagged name. However, the outside "folder" name of the artist in my SONOS library still shows the old name. Is this an artist vs. album artist tag thing or something? How do I get the library name to match?
icon

Best answer by skapocalypse 11 January 2019, 03:08

Update: I think I may have figured this out. It appears that SONOS cares about the "Album Artist" tag and not the "Artist" tag on the individual track, for sorting purposes. I had a few records where those weren't matching and that was the issue. I answered my own question. Go me! :cool:

View original

4 replies

You need to update your library index. Go to More > Settings > Manage Music Library > Update Music Library Now.
jgatie wrote:

You need to update your library index. Go to More > Settings > Manage Music Library > Update Music Library Now.

So, I've done this, it was the first thing I tried, but it didn't make any difference, and I still see the discrepancy reflected in the screen shots attached. I also tried removing the library folder entirely and re-adding it from scratch, in case that made any difference, but no luck. Has anyone else had this issue?
Update: I think I may have figured this out. It appears that SONOS cares about the "Album Artist" tag and not the "Artist" tag on the individual track, for sorting purposes. I had a few records where those weren't matching and that was the issue. I answered my own question. Go me! :cool:
lol. Mark it as the answer. :D

I got rid of all the Album Artist tags. I just go by Artist.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings