Removing the 'On this iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch' feature

Show first post

218 replies

I'd be terribly surprised if you did. I haven't recently read the EULA/Legal terms that are accepted when you purchase and install a Sonos device, but I'd be stunned if it wasn't covered in that legal language. Effectively, Sonos can't control what other companies do to their software. Sonos can only control the Sonos software. Once Apple decided to make the change, Sonos (and the other companies that were affected) don't have much choice.
Do I hear class action lawsuit???
That depends. Has your health been damaged by an inadequately tested drug? Or maybe you have lost your life savings in a financial fraud? If so then a class action may be on. But if you are referrinģ to the loss of one of many ways to play local music using the software you licence from Sonos, I somehow doubt it.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Do I hear class action lawsuit???

I think that question was first asked, or that action threatened, about 2 months ago on threads here. People have, since then, asked where and how to sign up to it, but not received any public update. Of course, they may have had private messages giving them the information and for now it’s being kept secret from Sonos and the general public.

But the bottom line is: to date, nothing seems to have happened.
i’m very disappointed by these changes and feel cheated. Frankly I don’t cares who’s caused this issue, that is Apple or Sonos, just fix it and show some loyalty to customers (yes that’s what we are) who have invested thousands in your products!!!!
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
That’s it: the solution. If we all stamp our feet hard enough, Sonos will magically “just fix it”.

Or, or perhaps we need to accept they tried.

Or not accept they tried, but accept the feature has gone, whether by Sonos’s choice or not.

Did you read this thread or the announcement? If you did you would know this is a situation made by apple. Want a rant then go and rant to them. ...and airplay 2 works just as well if not better.I did read the thread but, in my opinion, the onus is still on Sonos, they marketed their product and sold a lot of them based on a feature that they are now withdrawing.
The reason for the withdrawal is unfortunate for Sonus but why should I and the thousands of other customers be left with products that cannot be used the way we expected to use them. This should not be at our cost.
Spending nearly £600 to replaced my 3x Play:1's with One's is quite a high cost for a consumer to pay because a corporation made a poor design choice.
Also, I cannot find an alternative Sonos product to replace the Connect, which does not appear to support AirPlay!

At a minimum Sonos should offer one hell of a discount for me to trade in the soon to be useless speakers as they will no longer operate as advertised.That is my opinion too. A significant trade in value, would be an acceptable solution.

I'd still ask, why can't they just firmware update the Play:1's to support AirPlay?

Also to get the whole rant out of the way...
What stops a corporation, claiming to have a technical issue they can't resolve, just to force every customer to buy a new version of their product every year or two!Naw, not upset at all. Never really used it on iPhone or Android.

Appears it's an Apple issue, should still work on Android devices. Switch your phone if you really use it. Lots of Android phones/tablets also support SD cards, so you can save thousands of tracks without using up your device's limited flash storage.
Really - this is just an anti-Apple response. I don’t care if that’s correct. I bought from Sonos so they should demonstrate their intent to fix this rather than washing their hands of the problem.

Why should Sonos pay for a problem caused by Apple?
Because Sonos decided to market to those Apple customers.
They can't have it both ways. They could have chosen to only support Android owners but their market would have been much smaller.
Agree
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Really - this is just an anti-Apple response. I don’t care if that’s correct. I bought from Sonos so they should demonstrate their intent to fix this rather than washing their hands of the problem.

I think you need to accept that they can not fix this, or they have chosen not to fix this.

Whether it is by choice or by (in)ability is moot. The feature has gone.

Really - this is just an anti-Apple response. I don’t care if that’s correct. I bought from Sonos so they should demonstrate their intent to fix this rather than washing their hands of the problem.I think you need to accept that they can not fix this, or they have chosen not to fix this.

Whether it is by choice or by (in)ability is moot. The feature has gone.
It would be easier to accept if I hadn’t filled my house with sonos products and spend £000’s!!!
It's fortunate, then, that all of the ways that you can send your data to Sonos that existed before they added that feature still exist, and are usable.

Yes, it sucks that the change had to be made. We're all upset about it. But the chances of it returning are extraordinarily slim. Figuring out how to move forward seems to be the best option. For me, I moved all of my music off onto an NAS. Since I already owned it, it was a no cost option. If I hadn't, I'd have considered the Google Play option, which is free.

Apple created the problem by making phones disconnect from the WIFI when the phone locks. But all you had to do was tell the phone not to lock! (took 5 seconds and stick the phone on charge). Did Sonos tell people this? No they just cancelled one of the main reasons a lot of people bought SONOS in the first place. Disgusting way to treat customers. Am I pleased I spent a few thousand pounds on SONOS? Definitely not. Would I recommend SONOS to anyone. Definitely not. I agree with the person who asked whether there may be a legal case for SONOS to answer here.If you think this was just about the lock screen you haven't got the faintest idea what is going on here. And Sonos did in fact tell people about the lock screen element.

This was one of the main reasons for buying Sonos for about 15 people worldwide. Or at least it should have been. It would be a main reason for buying a Bluetooth speaker, not a multiroom, multisource, multicontroller audio system.

Legal case? Laughable
Another one of those "know it all"s... Hey John B, please do us a favor and get off your high horse! You've already expressed your opinion just like the rest of us. You don't need to keep repeating it. We all read it the first time.
Nobody but you has claimed that there was a simple solution involving the lock screen. That was s uniquely incorrect claim and therefore the first time I have commented on it.
Nobody but you has claimed that there was a simple solution involving the lock screen. That was s uniquely incorrect clsom and therefore the first time I have commented on it.

Lol, thanks for proving my point... That wasn't me you are quoting... But I know, you just can't help yourself... lol

Nobody but you has claimed that there was a simple solution involving the lock screen. That was s uniquely incorrect clsom and therefore the first time I have commented on it.Lol, thanks for proving my point... That wasn't me you are quoting... But I know, you just can't help yourself... lol

You are correct - I confused two people making the same silly 'class action' suggestion. Apologies for the mistake. The errors of fact remain errors, whoever made those claims.