record player

• 10 September 2022
  • 12 replies

Hi I have been sold 2 Sonos  moves as my speakers a Sonos port and a Sonos sub to play music from my vinyl record player which has Bluetooth connectivity. The system Was also to play TV and blue tooth my Spotify account. I cant get it to work can you please help

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Hi.  Not sure what you have tried.  The first thing to note, though, is that the Sub cannot be used with the Move or the Port.  Also, the Port is not needed in order to use the Moves.  It doesn’t appear to have any useful purpose for you unless you also have a HiFi you want to incorporate into Sonos?

Do you have the Moves set up on your network and playing music from other sources, such as internet radio?

Hi  yes the moves are working but can’t connect the sub 

the port was to connect my record player and a tv in future

I was told the record player needed the port to then send Bluetooth to moves and sub. 
record player bought at the same time

Hi.  You were badly misinformed.  You can Bluetooth directly to the Moves.  The Port is redundant and the Sub is unusable with the other equipment you have.  The most generous interpretation is that the person who sold you this equipment was spectacularly ignorant about Sonos.  You need to get a refund on the Port and Sub. 

Also, you cannot pair the Moves to play in stereo when they are in Bluetooth Mode.  You can only pair them in stereo when they are connected to your network.  I bet the salesperson didn’t mention that either? 

Before you can use a Move with Bluetooth it has to be configured on your network.  The following article will guide you through the setup.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3571?language=en_US

Edit - OK - just seen your post saying Moves are working

Hi  yes the moves are working but can’t connect the sub 

the port was to connect my record player and a tv in future

You cannot connect a Sub to Move speakers.

The Port is not not needed.  The Port is unsuitable for use with a TV.  You have been missold the Port and Sub.

Did you buy this from a retailer?  If so, please name and shame.

Just to complete the picture, the Port has no Bluetooth capability.

We would need to know more about how you intended to use these speakers, but I suspect that better solutions would be:

Roam + 2 Fives, or

Roam + 2 Ones + Sub

In either case the Roam would act as a Bluetooth 'gateway'

The money saved could be used to buy a proper TV solution, such as a gen 2 Beam.

Jallopie,

If the turntable has a built-in preamp, you could connect this to PORT and play stereo in paired MOVES. Yes, PORT can be connected to a TV, but his may not an optimum arrangement. Some TV’s may not present a direct connection that PORT can use. This can usually be resolved with some “boxes”. In any case you will probably become aware of a lip sync issue that cannot be resolved.

BEAM, ARC, or RAY would be a much better choice for TV and the SUB will be welcome.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Jallopie,

If the turntable has a built-in preamp, you could connect this to PORT and play stereo in paired MOVES.

The Moves will need to run on your wifi network to operate as a paired stereo set. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

And if you do that you need the Port to get the sound from the turntable into the Sonos universe, in your case a stereo set of Moves. You will not be bluetoothing the sound to the move, but wifi-ing it.

As others have said in this configuration the Sub is useless. The Port should not be used for TV sound because it ads a 75ms delay to TV sound.

Thank you for all of your help will ring store this morning for return