Question

Record player

• 21 April 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi everyone I have a TEAC TN-280BT record player and a Sonos Beam. I have tried a Bose Bluetooth speaker on it via Bluetooth but volume does not go very high in sound?

I was thinking of getting a sonos move and pairing it via Bluetooth but I’m a bit worried it will be the same as the Bose 

or get a play 5 and use audio output lead to connect to record player? Anybody know if I will get better sound and volume this way.

Also I’m hoping to be able to pair the new speaker with the Sonos Beam.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Andy

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Hello Andy, Thank you for bringing your question to us here and welcome to the Sonos Community. I would recommend using a Sonos product that can use the line-in feature like our Play:5. You may also need a pre-amp when connecting in your turntable with our product. If your turntable is able to send out and target the Move while in Bluetooth mode then great. That would be the only Sonos product you could listen to the turntable with as the Move would not be on your wifi connection and could not be grouped to your other products like the Beam. You are able to group Sonos products to the Beam or if your setup meets the requirements to set them up in a surround with your Beam. You would not be able to create a stereo pair to your Beam, but you may group rooms in your Sonos app. Please also know that if you setup a pair of Play:5 Gen 2 products as the rear surrounds to a Beam the line-in option would not be available with your turntable due to the Beam controlling the surrounds.