Question

Reauthorize Apple Music?

• 14 August 2016
  • 55 replies

Userlevel 1
So I was going in to play some music and I get the message
"your Apple Music account needs to be reauthorized, but one or more of your sonos products needs to be updated first. Please update your system and reauthorize you account"
I have gone thru all updates and now how do I reauthorize my Apple Music? Not much in the way of options in the iOS app. Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

55 replies

I had the same error message. Here is how I solved it.
To manage Sonos you have to do it from your IPhone.
First I deleted Apple Music from the library settings on both my phone and my laptop,
Then I deleted the Sonos App from my phone, and downloaded it again.
Reset the speakers following the Sonos instructions on your phone (make sure it is the speaker connected to the cable)
Finally on your IPhone add Apple Music, at first it gave an error message but then it worked.

A message to Sonos.... It is frustrating to have do this every time you update your system, and it makes me wish I had bought Bose speakers instead which have Bluetooth and I can access music easily and from my Apple Music account directly. Very disappointing to have to encounter these issues over and over again
Badge +1
I had the same error message. Here is how I solved it.
To manage Sonos you have to do it from your IPhone.
First I deleted Apple Music from the library settings on both my phone and my laptop,
Then I deleted the Sonos App from my phone, and downloaded it again.
Reset the speakers following the Sonos instructions on your phone (make sure it is the speaker connected to the cable)
Finally on your IPhone add Apple Music, at first it gave an error message but then it worked.

A message to Sonos.... It is frustrating to have do this every time you update your system, and it makes me wish I had bought Bose speakers instead which have Bluetooth and I can access music easily and from my Apple Music account directly. Very disappointing to have to encounter these issues over and over again

Thanks for the info. Is this the only solution to the problem? It seems quite complex and I'm reluctant to go through it if there's an easier method. I have to agree with this user that I too regret buying Sonos (Play 5) over other speakers that have bluetooth. I am regularly left scratching my head with technical issues (usually to do with connectivity). It's not a cheap speaker. I just cannot fathom the omission of bluetooth and guests are slack jawed when you try and explain that they can;'t connect to it in that way. I would never recommend a Sonos system now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Thanks for the info. Is this the only solution to the problem? It seems quite complex and I'm reluctant to go through it if there's an easier method. I have to agree with this user that I too regret buying Sonos (Play 5) over other speakers that have bluetooth. I am regularly left scratching my head with technical issues (usually to do with connectivity). It's not a cheap speaker. I just cannot fathom the omission of bluetooth and guests are slack jawed when you try and explain that they can;'t connect to it in that way. I would never recommend a Sonos system now.
There should be no requirement to reauthorise Apple Music at any time unless something has changed in your Apple Music account, or there is an Apple Music service outage (rare) -- in which case one needs to wait. The majority of the issues in this (old) thread relate to people who were in the Sonos Beta program, incompetently in most cases.

There is no need to jump through all the hoops suggested in the previous post. If you're having trouble, the most you should need to do is to remove the Apple Music service using the Sonos app, then re-add it.

If you're having recurrent connectivity issues these are usually simple to resolve with the help of Sonos support.

The absence of Bluetooth has been discussed ad nauseam. No point repeating the arguments here.
Badge +1
Thanks for the quick reply and info. Much appreciated - That worked.

Removing all apple music accounts from Sonos app (had 2 for some reason) and then adding the account again under music services on iPhone worked for me.