Question

Reauthorize Apple Music?

• 14 August 2016
  • 55 replies

Userlevel 1
So I was going in to play some music and I get the message
"your Apple Music account needs to be reauthorized, but one or more of your sonos products needs to be updated first. Please update your system and reauthorize you account"
I have gone thru all updates and now how do I reauthorize my Apple Music? Not much in the way of options in the iOS app. Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

55 replies

Having this issue too - have u figured it out?
I am experiencing the same issue. Here is the exact message "Your Apple Music account needs to be reauthorized, but one or more of your Sonos products needs to be updated first. Please update your system and reauthorize your account." This problem has crippled my Apple Music streaming. It started up when I had to change my iTunes account password.
Userlevel 1
No ideas yet. Work nights so I may delve into further on Monday on my day off.
Yes I am getting the exact msg. It all stemmed down from doing an update to my iPhone system and then having to change Apple password
Same here but without the update message. You can reauthorize in Settings > My Services and by selecting the music service.
On my side this does not fix the issue as the process never finishes (I stay in Apple Music and the authorization is never sent back to the Sonos app). I did update my phone my iOS 10 beta so that could be it. If anyone finds anything, please share.
Receiving the same error. Changed the password on my iTunes account and now it won't re-auth. I think the issue lies in the deep-link back to the Sonos app as it appears to get stuck after authorization with a "Open in Sonos" message that never re-directs.

Edit: I am not receiving the "One or more of your Sonos devices needs updating first" error, just the fact that Apple Music needs re-authorization.
I've recently changed my password as well. I did try to remove the service and re-install it but it didn't work. I also got the open in Sonos message the first time but it never came back up afterwards. Any customer rep from Sonos around?
Yes can SONOS please reply to this issue - it's a bit of a pain that iTunes forces you to alter a password and Sonos can't understand what occurred here? Seem pretty simple. Also my Sonos app say system is Up To Date and all the software versions on all Sonos hardware so this is a Sonos Software problem that should be an immediate priority. Please update app or post solution.
Sonos should also be aware there is no My Services on the newest versos IOS controller - to remove and re-add an apple music

From the Sonos music menu, tap "Settings."
From "Settings", tap "My Services."
Tap the service you wish to remove from Sonos and select "Remove Account." If you've added multiple accounts, make sure the correct one is selected before removing.
Sonos should also be aware there is no My Services on the newest versos IOS controller - to remove and re-add an apple music

From the Sonos music menu, tap "Settings."
From "Settings", tap "My Services."
Tap the service you wish to remove from Sonos and select "Remove Account." If you've added multiple accounts, make sure the correct one is selected before removing.

Are you using the beta version of the Sonos app?
I have the same issue as Rdonahue and I am using version 6.3.2 I don't believe that is the beta. I also don't see an option to get to advanced settings to switch the beta.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi all, please make sure you are not running the public beta, for which there is no iOS version. If you are, please follow this article, and downgrade your system: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1707

Once downgraded, re-authorize your Apple Music subscription from the Music services menu.
I've tried all that and I get the same issue. It opens Apple Music, I authorize, but the process never registers within the Sonos app.
Could it be the iOS 10 beta version?
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
I've tried all that and I get the same issue. It opens Apple Music, I authorize, but the process never registers within the Sonos app.
Could it be the iOS 10 beta version?

That is correct, iOS10 beta is currently not supported. You would need to use a non beta controller.
Same issue. 6.3.2, not beta. There is no My Services option in Services.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Same issue. 6.3.2, not beta. There is no My Services option in Services.
Please send a diagnostics, and reply with your confirmation number: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/142
diagnostics sent 6448904
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
diagnostics sent 6448904
You are running the public beta, please remove yourself from the program, downgrade, then re-authorize Apple Music.
How do we do that?
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi all, please make sure you are not running the public beta, for which there is no iOS version. If you are, please follow this article, and downgrade your system: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1707

Once downgraded, re-authorize your Apple Music subscription from the Music services menu.

Rydane, please follow these steps.
Thanks. The interesting part is that I had already deleted the beta version, re-installed the non-beta version, and yet I was treated as if I was beta because I was still "joined in" under the beta program page. Anyways, problem solved.
Thanks Sonos for advising on the problem of Apple Music - great customer service.
Diag: 6465241

Wasn't enrolled in latest beta, but when through every step including reinstall and updates. Apple Music is still not working and I'm getting the same error message about reauthorization and needing to update.
Diag: 6465506

Having same issue on ios 9.3.4. Also "my services" is totally missing from settings menu.
Diag: 6465506

Having same issue on ios 9.3.4. Also "my services" is totally missing from settings menu.

Same for me. No services. No on iPad, iPhone or MacBook Pro.