Answered

reauthorisation of apple music stuck at blank screen

• 29 October 2021
  • 17 replies

• Contributor I
  • 1 reply

Hi 

i recently had to reauthorise my apple music on my sonos but when i did that i was stuck at a blank page. Subsequenlt tried to remove itunes and add again - same issue. Also tried to reinstall sonos app - same blank screen. I am using android and have also updated my phone’s software there. 

Pls help !

icon

Best answer by controlav 29 October 2021, 15:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Lots of existing threads on this: Apple music auth is broken on Android right now.

I see the above comment “Lots of existing threads on this: Apple music auth is broken on Android right now.”

This is from 8 days ago. Any news from Sonos as to when they might fix this issue? 

Thanks

Presumably Sonos are waiting for Apple to fix things at their end.

Presume the two parties are in contact though, so would be good to see where sonos think things sit at the mo. Thanks though

It’s often hard, when dealing with multiple companies, to predict when a bug will be fixed. Hard enough with one company, the engineers I work with frequently tell me they won’t be able to give me an ETA until they figure out what exactly the issue is, and actually fix it. Doubly hard if, as Ken suggests, if the issue is on Apple’s side. Sonos is always cautious not to throw a partner under the bus. 

I am confident Sonos is feeling significantly more pain on this issue than we are individually, and are applying either as many internal resources as possible, or applying as much pressure as possible to get the issue resolved.

But bugs are often indeterminate, and particularly hard to assign a time box around them. I’m sure as soon as they’re able to get it fixed and tested, no matter which company is responsible for that fix, it will be released to all of us as quickly as possible. 

Hi I am using Android too. Just had the same reauthorisation message. . 

Very frustrating. I contacted Sonos and they said no fix at moment but they are working on it. 

Mine was working fine until I did the most recent update.

I suppose we will just have to wait until Sonis and Apple resolve the issue 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

I see the above comment “Lots of existing threads on this: Apple music auth is broken on Android right now.”

This is from 8 days ago. Any news from Sonos as to when they might fix this issue? 

Thanks

Look harder - the first posts on this bug are from 3 months ago, and nothing has been done. Don’t hold your breath.

Sonos Technical Support has known about this issue for many weeks now yet they still direct customers to delete Apple Music from their Sonos app as a first-line trouble-shooting procedure. This is pure negligence to not -- at a minimum -- warn their customers that doing do may render their system obsolete for an indefinite period of time. What was originally a small issue is now catastrophic. I’m now sitting on thousands of dollars of speakers that may never be usable again.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

What was originally a small issue is now catastrophic. I’m now sitting on thousands of dollars of speakers that may never be usable again.

But Sonos has an answer - all you have to do is borrow an iPhone to set it up. What you need to do is go down to the nearest Apple store and sit outside asking people “Hey Buddy, can you spare your iPhone for a few minutes? I just need it real quick to set up my muli-thousand dollar speaker system. Wait, I’m serious! Look, here’s $20!”

I've got the same issues, and have now lost all my music as I have apple playlists.

When Sonos first came out, the app was excellent, but now, with the new app, I just have issues.

If it int broke......don't fix.

That iOS “fix” or “work around” you hear about DOES NOT WORK. I have spoken to seven Technical Support reps, all of whom promote it, yet not one of them has tried to walk a customer through how to do it. None have actually gone through the experience themselves. My wife has an iPhone. In order to add Apple Music to the Sonos app, she logged in to the app using my credentials. When adding Apple Music, it automatically recognizes HER Apple Music account and adds that. Just log out of A.M., you say, and log back in using my account information? Can’t do it. A.M. is hard coded into iOS devices. There is no way to log in or out. The other potential option is to log out of the phone completely and log in as me. That doesn’t work either, as I am not an iPhone user and do not have log-in credentials. This is what I mean when I say Sonos Technical support is negligent. Their reps are recommending and promoting things which they have never tried and have no understanding of. They are untrained and ill-equipped to be trying to solve technical issues. As far as going and hanging around an Apple store and asking random people if I can manipulate their phones is absurd.

@DPW10120 

I don’t understand - you say that you do not have login credentials as you’re not an iPhone user? The Apple Music login is your AppleID - you can just use that to login. Apple Music uses the AppleID for the AM account, even for things like adding funds or vouchers to the Account if you wanted to purchase Music from Apple, aswell as ‘leasing’ Music through the AM monthly subscription service.

Adding my voice to the frustrated who are unable to re-authorize my Apple account via my android since last week. Has sonos provided any ETA? I’m aware this is probably a combination issue between Apple/Sonos/Android, however, surely there’s some idea of how to fix it ?

It’s unlikely that Apple is willing to give Sonos an ETA. 

I was considering purchasing another sonos system but the response to this apple.music issue has been abysmal.

Does anyone think this issue is going to be rectified? 

I was considering purchasing another sonos system but the response to this apple.music issue has been abysmal.

Does anyone think this issue is going to be rectified? 

Just a guess (thinking outside the box🔮), but I wonder if the delay in fixing this, is because Apple are intending to launch a new HiRes/Atmos audio music service on Sonos? The pressure is perhaps ‘on’ now that Qobuz and Amazon have done that …and it seems pointless fixing something that’s possibly going to change in the not too distant future.🤔?

Userlevel 1
Badge

seems like it was finally fixed. I just tried logging into Apple Music on my Android and it straight away worked for me. Awesome