Question

Radio station Searching problem

• 15 September 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi,

I have a problem with searching for radio station. I have a Sonos system at home and there I have “Hitrádio City (Praha)” - see picture.

However, when I wan to find the same staion at our office, it won’t find it. Why is that? It finds it only on TuneIn. Why not in Sonos Radio stations?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Badge

Hi @jakudo thank you for reaching out to the Community. Rest assured that I will be looking into the details to know more about the situation. I just have a few questions to clarify the issue:

• Was this working before?
  • When did this start to happen?
  • Are you also having the same issue with other Radio Stations from Sonos Radio in the office?

Please submit a diagnostic and provide the confirmation number in order for us to your system. Feel free to reach back to us. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Well, I cannot say when it started. The search function in Sonos Radio is a bit clumsy. Actually it doesn’t work well.

I can find some Station in “Local Radio” - that’s how I found “Hitrádio City (Praha)” at my home. However, it’s not listed in Local Radio at my work (20 km away of my house).

Even when I find some station in “Local Radio”, I won’t be able to find it via Search function.

See the video - there is a station called “Evropa 2” in Local Radio, however, when I search for “Evropa 2”, it won’t find it. The search function doesn’t work well. So I believe any diagnostic would help since, the speakers works well, only the Radio search function doesn’t work. You can try to search for Evropa 2 by yourself to see that it doesn’t work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alztJHVPMY4

Badge

Hi @jakudo thanks for reaching out to Sonos Community again. We appreciate you providing a handful of information. Let me ask few questions again so we can further isolate it:

• Did it ever worked before?
  • How are you accessing the Local Radio from your Office? Is it also from Sonos Radio or a different application?

Please submit a diagnostic and provide the confirmation number in order for us to your system. Feel free to reach back to us. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hello,

as I remember, the search function for Sonos Radio has never worked (for exapmle for TuneIn - there the search works well).

How I access the local radia? Well, when I browse through the Sonos Radio, there is a part called “Local  Radio”

It doesn’t work only on Sonos Radio. You can try that by yourself too.

The diagnostic number is 247136921.

Best Regards,

Jakub

Badge

Hi @jakudo  thanks for reaching back to the Community. It looks like we were able to isolate it properly. At this point in time, I would recommend you contacting our Phone support for further assistance. Thank you for the details and your patience on this. Please give us a call during our business hours and a technician will continue working with you. You can find our phone number and hours here. Let us know if you have any other concerns. Thanks!