Answered

Radio dropouts

Hello,

I have a weird issue where I can be listening to a radio station and when someone else on the network opens the S2 app - playback stops for a few seconds before coming back on again.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what would cause this? It seems to only happen with radio (Sonos Radio/TuneIn)

The network consists of several Connect:Amps and a Playbar all hardwired (individually) direct to a gigabit network switch which has a single uplink to the main router. There’s also a Sub which connects wirelessly. I’ve isolated the network to only have Sonos on it and the issue still appears. Broadband speed is good.

Any help appreciated!

icon

Best answer by Xander P 27 May 2021, 09:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Jason Calero, welcome to the Sonos Community!

That’s certainly a strange one - I’d recommend starting with a network reboot; powering off modem, router, switch, and Sonos devices in that order for about 10 seconds each before powering back on.

Let us know how you get on :)

Hey Xander,

Sorry for the late reply, it’s been a busy week!

I’ve been through everything you said and still happening. I’ve actually stripped the network down to just router, switch and Sonos now and the problem persists.

Hey Xander,

I’ve been through everything you said and still happening. I’ve actually stripped the network down to just router, switch and Sonos now and the problem persists.

• What make/model of router and switch are in use? 
  • Is the switch managed/unmanaged?
  • What wireless channels are being used by your setup (including the SonosNet channel) and what is the routers 2.4Ghz band channel-width?

Hey Xander,

• What make/model of router and switch are in use? 
  • Is the switch managed/unmanaged?
  • What wireless channels are being used by your setup (including the SonosNet channel) and what is the routers 2.4Ghz band channel-width?

Hi Ken,

The switch in use currently is a Netgear GS308, it was a Planet switch but we ruled issues out with that by changing to the Netgear. It’s unmanaged.

Wireless channels have been changed through each on SonosNet, currently on 6.

The routers channel width is 20MHz. It’s a BT Smart Hub 2 for reference although the problem was there with the previous router.

Thanks

Have you seen the recently reported issues that are ongoing with that particular router? See this link;

You may need to either get in touch with BT to add the firmware update as per the latest thread update or a temporary fix is to disable the 5Ghz Radio on the router and see if that resolves your issue.

HTH

Hi Ken,

I haven't no, leave that with me and I’ll report back!

Thanks again