Quick Tutorial on how to Add an Airsonic Server to your Sonos System

• 4 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

As per the title really. I have a server running Airsonic (advanced) in Docker and finally pieced together how to get it to interact directly with the Sonos ecosystem. It’s much snappier than simplying “adding a folder” from my NAS or workstation. This should be extremely similar for subsonic, madsonic etc.

Let me know if any questions:

https://www.thesmarthomebook.com/2022/04/04/add-an-airsonic-music-server-to-sonos/

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @baldfox 

Thanks for sharing that - not exactly basic, but it looks like you’ve put some real effort into clearly showing the steps needed. Great stuff!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Nice.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @baldfox 

Thanks for sharing that - not exactly basic, but it looks like you’ve put some real effort into clearly showing the steps needed. Great stuff!

You’re welconme. It was something I’d been meaning to do for ages, but for some reason, couldn’t quite iron out the quirks. As far as level goes, am reticent to label anything basic / intermediary / advanced now. Everytime I think of something as advanced, someone comes out of the woodwork with a quick solution that blows me out of the water… it makes my solution look like i used crayons :)

Hopefully with a bit of reading, people can just follow along!