Queue restarting when using Spotify Connect

I'm having trouble using Spotify Connect through both Mac and iPhone when connected to my Play 1. When playing songs in 'Your Music' or via a playlist, I double click on the song I want and it begins to play, with me expecting it to form a queue of the remaining songs, however the queue restarts after the first song and plays from the beginning of the playlist (song no. 1, essentially). Sometimes it does this after one song is played, sometimes after a couple, but always reverting to the first song in the playlist. It seems I'm not the only one with this issue: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Partners-Windows-Phone-etc/Sonos-will-make-Spotify-playlist-restart-after-every-song/td-p/1633271

I've got a diagnostics number and plan on calling Sonos tomorrow, but I suspect this is something they'll need to work out together, and it's not an issue on the user's end. I've done a complete reinstallation of Spotify, reset the cache and logged in and out, but the problem persists.

I seem to be able to replicate it immediately by saving/adding songs to 'Your Music' or a playlist (sorted alphabetically) whilst playing via Spotify Connect. This immediately restarts the queue for me.

Is anyone else experiencing the same?

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Twin Peaks wrote:

I'm having trouble using Spotify Connect through both Mac and iPhone when connected to my Play 1. When playing songs in 'Your Music' or via a playlist, I double click on the song I want and it begins to play, with me expecting it to form a queue of the remaining songs, however the queue restarts after the first song and plays from the beginning of the playlist (song no. 1, essentially). Sometimes it does this after one song is played, sometimes after a couple, but always reverting to the first song in the playlist. It seems I'm not the only one with this issue: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Partners-Windows-Phone-etc/Sonos-will-make-Spotify-playlist-restart-after-every-song/td-p/1633271

I've got a diagnostics number and plan on calling Sonos tomorrow, but I suspect this is something they'll need to work out together, and it's not an issue on the user's end. I've done a complete reinstallation of Spotify, reset the cache and logged in and out, but the problem persists.

I seem to be able to replicate it immediately by saving/adding songs to 'Your Music' or a playlist (sorted alphabetically) whilst playing via Spotify Connect. This immediately restarts the queue for me.

Is anyone else experiencing the same?

Hey Twin Peaks, I want to check in to a) see if you've had a chance to give us a call and b) if you're still experiencing this problem. Do you have the same problem if you begin playback from Spotify on Sonos rather than using Spotify Connect?

As a test, and to see if it helps, can you change the channel the router is operating on? Out of the channels available we'll want to try either 1, 6, or 11. If your router is set to channel 1, try channel 6 and see if the problem persists, if it does, then try channel 11. Make sure to submit a diagnostic when the router is on one of the different channels and right after the problem occurs. You can then post the number so so we can take a closer look.
Was there any resolution with this problem, I've been having it on and off for the last few months, would love to learn how to fix it. Cheers
is there a solution to this? How do I change my router channel? I'm having the same problem and can't seem to get in contact with anyone from Sonos. please help
so from my googling efforts the only "solution" I could find was clearing the queue in the spotify app: https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Clear-Queue/td-p/1246442

It's dumb and not really a solution at all. There is some issue with Spotify and Sonos working together. I would recommend people either not using Spotify at all if they have sonos or fining another sound system. It's ridiculous that there isn't a solution for this yet even though this is very common occurrence amongst users.
FWIW, I had been having issues for almost 3 months with my Sonos system. Literally all of a sudden one day, I could not play Spotify music to my Sonos system. I could play local music and/or Amazon and Pandora just fine. I tried removing the Spotify music service, only to get repeated errors when trying to add it back. I kept getting an error about unable to add music to queue. I spent countless hours troubleshooting on the phone between Sonos and Cisco (my wireless access point), and never got anywhere. One day while organizing my basement, I came across my Sonos Boost. I used to use this in an old apartment when I had a very crappy wireless access point. Anyway, on a whim I plugged it in, and Spotify + Sonos worked perfectly. Almost as soon as I unplugged the Boost to test, Spotify kept giving me errors again.

In my case, I think a weak signal somewhere within my Sonos network was to blame, and the Boost completely solved it.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings