Queue entire album from UPnP / DLNA server

This a feature that was once requested in this topic and I’d like to bring it up again as it is also something that would greatly improve the app.

Essentially when using the Android app and you browse albums on a UPnP server you can only queue 1 track at a time instead of the entire album. There is no other way to queue an album without adding tracks one by one to the queue.

There is no malfunction and this is just a feature request.

3 replies

The recent comment in the linked thread that “we never encountered this software before” is a little surprising. Asset has been around since the days of Windows XP, and this request -- to be able to enqueue an entire album -- has been around for just as long. 

The fact is that Sonos doesn’t claim to support DLNA, and I really doubt that will change. For a local server the supported option is Plex.

I do not believe that whatever software the upnp server is running is relevant here.

The SONOS app supports accessing a UPnP server, it supports listing its contents, it supports queueing a track from the album list so surely it is possible for the developers to implement queueing the entire track list.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @c_jay 

I've marked this thread as a feature request and it will be seen by the relevant teams for consideration.

Thanks for the feedback!