Qobuz not available on Sonos in Brazil

How can I listen to Qboz in Sonos in Brazil?

8 replies

According to the FAQ, Qobuz has not yet authorized Sonos to carry their stream in Brazil. You’d need to contact Qobuz to see when their legal department will authorize Sonos to do so. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

I am using  Qobuz with Sonos in Brasil as I write this. I have a new Qobuz Brasil account. It works fine. Until last week I had a Qobuz U.S. account, which also worked fine for a year with Sonos and the Sonos app. One thing you might try is registering your Sonos account as U.S-based (if possible). Of course, you must add the Qobuz service to your Sonos app.

Estou usando Qobuz com Sonos no Brasil.  Tenho uma nova conta Qobuz Brasil.  Funciona bem.  Até a semana passada, tinha uma conta com Qobuz nos EUA, que também funcionou. Tente configurar uma conta Sonos nos Estados Unidos. Pode funcionar. Vc deve adicionar o serviço Qobuz ao seu aplicativo Sonos.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Here is Qobuz Brasil in my Sonos app, showing it can be done.

Qobuz Brasil no meu aplicativo Sonos, mostrando que isso pode ser feito.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

According to the FAQ, Qobuz has not yet authorized Sonos to carry their stream in Brazil. You’d need to contact Qobuz to see when their legal department will authorize Sonos to do so. 

That FAQ also says: 

Where is Qobuz available?

Australia, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States.

In reality, it is available in 

• Argentina
  • Australia
  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Brazil
  • Chile
  • Colombia
  • Denmark
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Luxembourg
  • Netherlands
  • Mexico
  • New Zealand
  • Norway
  • Portugal
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • United Kingdom
  • United States

There’s a slight difference between where Qobuz is available, and where Sonos has been authorized by Qobuz to carry it. My link was to the Sonos FAQ, and not to Qobuz’s . 

You’d need to ask Qobuz as to why they have not authorized Sonos to carry their stream in all the listed locations. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

There’s a slight difference between where Qobuz is available, and where Sonos has been authorized by Qobuz to carry it. My link was to the Sonos FAQ, and not to Qobuz’s . 

You’d need to ask Qobuz as to why they have not authorized Sonos to carry their stream in all the listed locations. 

The erroneous country list description at the top of my reply was from the Sonos FAQ. Regardless, as I wrote, Qobuz Brasil works fine for me using the Sonos app with Sonos speakers in Brasil, just as my Qobuz U.S. subscription did before it. I'm not experiencing a problem, so I believe the original poster is incorrect in his assumption that Qobuz is not available on Sonos here. Hopefully he will get it working.

Huh. When I searched for the FAQ, the link is what showed up for me. When I click on that link, I do not get that list of countries that you listed. 

Based on your information, it sure sounds like someone at Sonos needs to look at that particular FAQ which I found using Google Search, and update it as appropriate. 

I’m delighted to hear that it’s working for you, I am not a subscriber, and was just basing my response on what I found via Google Search. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Based on your information, it sure sounds like someone at Sonos needs to look at that particular FAQ which I found using Google Search, and update it as appropriate. 

True, although new Latin American countries and Portugal were added to Qobuz recently. Nevertheless, the outdated FAQ seems to be causing some confusion.