Answered

Qobuz Canada

• 29 July 2020
  • 8 replies

I’m a Canadian that has a Qobuz subscription, and recently jumped onboard with SONOS for my multi-room audio setup. I prefer Qobuz over Tidal for sound quality, as well as for their music library.

I was frustrated to find that I was unable to connect my SONOS players to my Qobuz account. Qobuz doesn’t even show up on the list of available services to connect to!

I know Qobuz isn’t officially available in Canada, but I don’t see why I can’t select it from the list, and log in if I have an active account. Does anybody know a workaround? Would having a VPN solve this problem?

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 29 July 2020, 23:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @JUBROWN.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

It’s nice to know that you have just jumped on board to Sonos, we appreciate it.

I checked this article about Qobuz and Sonos to find out if it’s already supported in Canada, and I agree, it isn’t available yet.

While we don't have a timeline available for, I'll send along a feature request to our development team for you though.

I’d switch this thread over to an idea for you, that way people can follow the status in case there is any news in the future. 

Please let me know if you have additional concerns. I'm happy to send them up for you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Maybe setting your account on the profile page at the Sonos website to the US could help. It worked for me with Google Assistant.

106rallye, Not all heroes wear capes! It worked!

Lets hope the Sonos powers that be aren’t in a hurry to fix that workaround ;) 

Hi @JUBROWN.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

It’s nice to know that you have just jumped on board to Sonos, we appreciate it.

I checked this article about Qobuz and Sonos to find out if it’s already supported in Canada, and I agree, it isn’t available yet.

While we don't have a timeline available for, I'll send along a feature request to our development team for you though.

I’d switch this thread over to an idea for you, that way people can follow the status in case there is any news in the future. 

Please let me know if you have additional concerns. I'm happy to send them up for you.

Thanks for the reply SONOS team! Fortunately, another SONOS user has found a workaround.

That being said, if this is an idea form now, I would suggest that the Service listing options not be limited based on geographical location, as there are some folks who have a US address, or US based accounts that could benefit from being able to add them to the SONOS eco system.

Not being able to have Qobuz would have been a dealbreaker for me, seeing as i’ve used BluOS devices, and PlayFi devices which have allowed me to connect my Qobuz account without issue.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @106rallyethank you for the suggestion, it’s highly appreciated.

Hi @JUBROWN I’m glad to know that it works for you and rest assured that all feature requests are being forwarded to our development team for consideration.

You are always welcome in the community.

Thanks!

Any suggestions about how to subscribe to Qobuz despite living in Canada? VPN needed?

Badge +20

Any suggestions about how to subscribe to Qobuz despite living in Canada? VPN needed?

When they first launched the UK was not part of the rollout, I emailed them and without question altered my account to let me subscribe.

Worth asking but perhaps do so using a throw away email account 😉

Hah - awesome thx!