Qobuz and Roon

• 4 February 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge
Qobuz is a CD quality streaming service similar to Tidal. A French company, it is widely available in Europe and elsewhere. Qobuz offers significantly different content than Tidal, no doubt due to different agreements with providers. Sonos offers Qobuz as a music option in Europe. I would like to suggest they simply turn it on in the US for those of us who subscribe to that excellent service.

Roon, the comprehensive metadata and player service that integrates with Tidal, internet radio and your owned library, would also be an excellent addition to Sonos. For me it would allow bringing together of my audiophile stereo system and my Sonos for a truly complete home wide streaming experience.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Sonos has no say on the geographic availability of services, that is up to the service themselves. It's best to lobby them.

Support for Roon is already implemented. See this announcement:

https://kb.roonlabs.com/Sonos
Badge
jgatie... thanks for the reply. Saw something about that in the recent Roon 1.3 release but didn't understand what it meant. Actually, I was hoping to stream my Roon content to Sonos but it looks as if it works the other way around. Still good for putting everything on the same program. My audio system/Roon system is all hard wired together with Ethernet/USB not WiFi so I have a bit of thinking to do for implementation. Interestingly, the Sonos tech line by email folks never heard of Roon or Qobuz. Now they have.

Roon, the comprehensive metadata and player service that integrates with Tidal, internet radio and your owned library, would also be an excellent addition to Sonos. For me it would allow bringing together of my audiophile stereo system and my Sonos for a truly complete home wide streaming experience.

My 2 cents: Integrating a Sonos front end to your audiophile stereo system would give you most of the "complete home wide streaming experience" that you are looking for and then Roon may be the icing on the cake - instead of the other way around.
Badge
No argument there. Same program material on everything. Perfect for a party evening.