Answered

Purchasing FLAC files on IPad

• 3 October 2017
  • 5 replies

Don’t see d/l’s
icon

Best answer by John B 4 October 2017, 01:24

Apple has never supported FLAC. Just one of the reasons I am an Apple refusnik. I had heard rumours that it would be supported in iOS11, but don't know if that is the case.

Only AAC and MP3 files can be played from 'On this iPad' through Sonos.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Apple has never supported FLAC. Just one of the reasons I am an Apple refusnik. I had heard rumours that it would be supported in iOS11, but don't know if that is the case.

Only AAC and MP3 files can be played from 'On this iPad' through Sonos.
First, do you have a question?

Second, have you looked at Supported Audio Formats

Third, can you see the FLAC files in the iOS Music app?
No, I don't see the FLAC files on my IOS Music App. After making my purchase, it's available on a PC. But, not my Ipad.
Well, the Sonos app looks in the location that the Music app stores data in, so if the Music app can't see them, then the Sonos app won't, either. But if you have them on your PC, why don't you set up to stream them from that? You can define the location that the files are in from any controller, they don't have to be on the iPad. The only requirement would be that the source has to be "on" all the time. Many people purchase NAS (Network Attached Storage) drives to store their music on, which makes it available through the local network at all times for Sonos.
Hi John - Thanks! I found the same answer as well.