Answered

Problems with Sonos and Amazon Music

• 1 June 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

I continually have problems with my Sonos and Amazon Prime Music service.  I can play music from my Amazon Prime Music account through the ap and it will play one of my playlists for awhile, then all of a sudden the music will stop. I then get a notification that “…there is missing information with Amazon Music…”.

There is nothing wrong with my Amazon Prime Music account, it will play fine off of my kitchen’s Alexa through Sonos while the ap will continue to tell me that there is an issue.  I can play music off of the Sirrius station through Sonos with no issues.  I can play music off of my computer using the Amazon Prime ap no problem. 

This issue started a few months back.  I have deleted and reinstalled the Amazon Music more than once and it does not help.

I spoke with one of the Sonos help personnel earlier today and she told me that the Sonos techs “knew of the issue and that they were working on fixing it”.  I have not read that anywhere on the forum.  

She also directed me to Status.Sonos.com if I wanted an update on the situation.  I did while she was still on the phone.  The status for Amazon Music has a green check mark next to it, so now I don’t exactly believe her. 

When checking for updates, my Sonos says “No Update Required, your Sonos system is up to date”

• What is going on Sonos with the interface of Sonos and Amazon Music?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 1 June 2022, 00:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Have you tried to call Sonos Support directly to discuss it?

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

My Sonos STILL does not work with my Amazon Music account!!!

This is very frustrating as it seems to be getting worse.

The https://status.sonos.com page now lists “All Systems Operational”

The help desk is pretty much useless

It’s working okay here, but I’m in the UK. Are your country settings in your online Sonos Account showing a supported Country where the service is available on Sonos? Which is:

Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States.

Badge

My Sonos STILL does not work with my Amazon Music account!!!

This is very frustrating as it seems to be getting worse.

The https://status.sonos.com page now lists “All Systems Operational”

The help desk is pretty much useless

I continually have problems with my Sonos and Amazon Prime Music service.  I can play music from my Amazon Prime Music account through the ap and it will play one of my playlists for awhile, then all of a sudden the music will stop. I then get a notification that “…there is missing information with Amazon Music…”.

There is nothing wrong with my Amazon Prime Music account, it will play fine off of my kitchen’s Alexa through Sonos while the ap will continue to tell me that there is an issue.  I can play music off of the Sirrius station through Sonos with no issues.  I can play music off of my computer using the Amazon Prime ap no problem. 

This issue started a few months back.  I have deleted and reinstalled the Amazon Music more than once and it does not help.

I spoke with one of the Sonos help personnel earlier today and she told me that the Sonos techs “knew of the issue and that they were working on fixing it”.  I have not read that anywhere on the forum.  

She also directed me to Status.Sonos.com if I wanted an update on the situation.  I did while she was still on the phone.  The status for Amazon Music has a green check mark next to it, so now I don’t exactly believe her. 

When checking for updates, my Sonos says “No Update Required, your Sonos system is up to date”

• What is going on Sonos with the interface of Sonos and Amazon Music?

There is an ongoing issue, so do you still not see it at the status update site?

https://status.sonos.com

Also on other threads here in the community it seems the issue is only happening in some areas, but mostly in and around Canada (I think?) and Amazon have said it’s their issue and are working on it.

Some users here in the community have apparently contacted Amazon Support direct and achieved some limited success by doing that, so perhaps give their Support Desk a call.

Badge

Actually I just reread the status page on Amazon Music and it does clearly state from last week: 

Update - We are continuing to work on a fix for this issue.
May 24, 21:34 UTC