Answered

Problems streaming Spotify over the last few days - June 202110

• 17 June 2021
  • 4 replies

I have years of faultless streaming of Spotify over my Sonos system which comprises of:

a One SL

a One

three Play:3

a Playbase

All of the above are connected with ethernet cables by wire all the way to the router, not via any type of wireless or powerline extenders

I also have a Move and a Roam

The problem I experience is that songs stop part way through and then skip to the next track.  It is now getting extremely annoying to the point that a system that I love an recommend to everybody is becoming unusable.

I have a fibre internet connection and I have tested it at various times when and I am consistently getting the expected 500Mbs up and down, with 5ms ping times.

I have not changed anything to the speaker setup and I am reluctant to change anything because of the years of happy listening.

Is there anyway I can do to investigate the root cause?

Diagnostic report: 1309863804

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 17 June 2021, 21:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I have years of faultless streaming of Spotify over my Sonos system

<snip>

Is there anyway I can do to investigate the root cause?

Try a different source? If it doesn’t repro with other sources then it’s unlikely to be a local Sonos system problem.

Thanks Ratty, I have just tried Amazon Music, and so far it does not have a problem, so I don’t think it is anything to do with my local Sonos setup.

There are multiple threads already in which Sonos has already said they’re working with Spotify engineers, which suggests to me the issue is on Spotify’s servers. They e also said they don’t have a timeline from Spotify as to when we can expect it to be resolved. 

I would  recommend contacting Spotify directly to express your concern, as a paying customer might have more weight than a mere ‘access point’ like Sonos does. 

Thanks Airgetlam, I will raise it with Spotify