Question

Problems connecting to S2 app/Spotify/Alexa

• 16 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi all, I have a sonos beam which has been working perfectly for over a year. Over the last few weeks I have had multiple problems including not being able to connect to the S2 app, spotify connect and Alexa not playing music when asked (even though the request is acknowledged). I can occasionally get music to play through airplay although this is patchy at best.

I have tried resetting on multiple occasions and am able to set up a new system but the same problems persist.

I have a feeling it has something to do with the S2 app but am now unable to set up the beam on the legacy app.

My beam is essentially a nice looking brick at the moment so any help would be very much appreciated!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Much more likely a network issue, rather than an issue with S2.

Please don’t do any further factory resets, though. Essentially you’re just erasing any error data that would help Sonos figure out what is going on. Since it was already migrated to the S2 app, it can’t be downgraded to S1. 

Try unplugging all your Sonos devices from power, then rebooting your router. Only when the router comes back up should you plug back in the Sonos devices. Be sure to give them a couple of minutes to reboot and reconnect before testing, using S2.