Problem Viewing All Amazon Playlists

• 24 December 2021
  • 32 replies

Badge

I just signed up to Amazon Music and have connected the service to Sonos. Problem is I am only seeing up to the letter “L” in the playlist library?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

32 replies

I don’t quite understand when you say you only see playlists upto ‘L’ as all the playlists showing here are numbered and in numerical order - see attached screenshot unless you’re referring to another personal set of playlists in the App service?

Badge

When I access “My Music” and then “Playlists” for Amazon music, I can only see about half of my Playlists up to the alphabet letter “L”. Maybe there is some kind of a limit as to how many Amazon Playlists you can have for Sonos?

Deleted - not relevant

When I access “My Music” and then “Playlists” for Amazon music, I can only see about half of my Playlists up to the alphabet letter “L”. Maybe there is some kind of a limit as to how many Amazon Playlists you can have for Sonos?

Yes, there maybe a limit on your own amount of playlists - I think Amazon limit their own to around 500 in the App.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Yes, there maybe a limit on your own amount of playlists - I think Amazon limit their own to around 500 in the App.

The limit is not in the app: the limit is in the Amazon implementation of SMAPI, and is some multiple of 100 as I recall. 500 sounds likely.

Badge

Cheers and Merry Xmas! I’m not happy because I love the Amazon platform but if it won’t let me see my entire playlist library on Sonos then I will stay with Apple Music where I can access 100% of my Playlists.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Cheers and Merry Xmas! I’m not happy because I love the Amazon platform but if it won’t let me see my entire playlist library on Sonos then I will stay with Apple Music where I can access 100% of my Playlists.

Hmm, I have a vague recollection of Apple having a similar limit too, but I could be wrong. Let us know!

Badge

I can see all of my Apple Music on the Sonos app

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I’ve just discovered a workaround for this issue. I have 121 playlists in my Amazon music app, but only the first 100 show when I go to my Amazon playlists in the Sonos app. But I can search by title of the playlist for one of the ones further down the list that doesn’t show on the Sonos screen, and it will come up in the Search results. I can open it and play it from there. A bit of extra work, but I can at least access it this way. I’ve also renamed a few of my most used playlists so they show up near the top of my list.

Badge

Thanks so much for the reply but I’m not happy overall with how Sonos works with Amazon. I got on to an Amazon rep today but he was hopeless! I will try getting on to someone at Sonos on Monday but not expecting any miracles. Why can Apple music work without a hitch and show my entire library, yet not with Amazon? Most likely some politics between the 2 comnpanies. LOL

Amazon works fine for me. You could always just use the Amazon Music app to play through Sonos anyway. (And you can't do that with Apple Music. )

Badge

Not sure what you mean?

Badge

I have both Amazon music and Apple Music on my Sonos. When I select Apple I can see all of my playlists etc but when I select Amazon I can only see about ½ of my playlists. That’s the problem I am trying to sort out 

I understand that. And I don’t know why that is happening. I am merely pointing out that you can still see and play all your Amazon playlists on Sonos by casting from the Amazon app.

Badge

Ahh. Thank you! Appreciate that :)

Here is more info. Note the need to have Alexa installed. It doesn't mean you have to use Alexa, casting just piggy backs some of the tech.

At least it gives you an option until (hopefully) you can get your issue resolved.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3248?language=en_US

Badge

Thanks for that. I have tried casting and when I select a device it will only let me connect either to my 2 Sonos 1 (in a pair) or my Roam but not both. Driving me nuts this stuff :)

Just group them in the Sonos app 

Deleted.  Rubbish again

Badge

Thanks mate. Merry Xmas!

You too. I hope you get playlists working properly through the Sonos app. They are working for me but I don't have many playlists. 

Badge

Tried casting to the group (now includes my Roam) but the volume is hard to control on my IPhone. So much easier in the Sonos app! It’s looking like I will just have to stay with Apple Music and dump Amazon. It’s a shame but c’est la vie :)

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I was speculating with my issue that Sonos was limiting the visible playlists to 100. Do you have more than 100 Amazon playlists? And do you have the same number of Apple and Amazon playlists? If the two sets of playlists are the same and you can see all the Apple ones, then the problem would seem to be either strictly with Amazon or with some way that Amazon interacts with Sonos. 

Badge

Hi. Yes I have more than 100 playlists on each service. I can see all of them on Sonos when using my Apple Music service however. I can only see around 75 of them when using Amazon. I will try speaking to someone at Sonos tomorrow and see if they can answer my questions. Wish me luck! LOL

Cheers for your comments 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

OK, sounds like the problem is related just to Amazon. I do wish you luck in getting it resolved, and will be interested in hearing the result of your call, since I’m dealing with the same issue.