Answered

Problem queuing from spotify windows 10 to Sonos speakers

• 9 August 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge
Hi there
Just recently, I have been unable to add songs to a queue in Spotify so that they play through my Sonos speakers. I can start a playlist, song or album and play it to Sonos from Spotify but if I try to "add to queue" nothing gets added. If I disconnect from Sonos and play through my PC speakers and add to the queue that works properly but the moment I try to play back through the Sonos speakers, the playlist reverts back to what I had originally asked to play.
I'm on Sonos version 9.0. If anyone is having similar issues and has managed to fix this, I'd be grateful. I've tried switching all Sonos devices off and reconnecting again with no luck
Thanks
Stu

EDIT: I want to add that on IOS11 on my iphone 8+ the add to queue from the spotify app is working so at least there is a workaround
icon

Best answer by Keith N 24 August 2018, 19:15

Hello, everyone. Currently, our team is investigating an issue regarding it not being possible to add individual tracks to the queue from the Spotify app running on Android or Windows. I've marked this topic so when there is more information to share about this, we can keep you up to date.

Thanks for your patience.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Having the exact same issue on Windows. Adding to the queue from the Spotify app has worked before and has just recently stopped. Clearing the Spotify cache, running only Spotify, restarting the app, and rebooting fail to work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello, everyone. Currently, our team is investigating an issue regarding it not being possible to add individual tracks to the queue from the Spotify app running on Android or Windows. I've marked this topic so when there is more information to share about this, we can keep you up to date.

Thanks for your patience.
Is their any solution to this yet? This is a really frustrating problem that is making my sonos borderline unusable
Is their any solution to this yet? This is a really frustrating problem that is making my sonos borderline unusableCompletely agree with this, since this issue has been occurring the past couple weeks I have basically stopped using all of my Sonos speakers. This is a really critical feature
Badge
Not sure if it is related (i only have my Sonos One (2x) for a week now), but i have a Spotify playlist is is almost 700 songs big. It plays fine for long time, but after a few hours the Sonos windows app starts to complain that the connection with Spotify is broken... and, when it starts to happen, it seems to do that for every song. So fra i am unable to fix it (AFAIK Spoify itself is still working correctly).

When i restart the playlist, the problem seems to go away (for at least a few hours)... not sure if it matters, but i live in the EU (The Netherlands) 😳