Answered

problem adding apple music to sonos.

• 13 August 2020
  • 7 replies

I removed Apple Music from the Sonos app.  However when I attempted to add it again it takes me to the Apple Music Library screen with no prompt to continue linking it to Sonos. 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 13 August 2020, 22:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @wht12345.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.

I would like to ask if the Apple music service that we are trying to add to Sonos is a paid subscription. Apple Music can only be added to Sonos as a music service if it is a paid music subscription through Apple. If it is, I would suggest to force close and re-open the Sonos app check under settings » services to see if apple music is still on there. Here is a guide on the Sonos app. 

I hope this helps.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

I’m an apple music member and when I click the “I’M ALL READY A MEMBER” button on the following screen.  It takes me to a blank screen, the app drops or it sends me to the Library screen in the Apple Music app.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @wht12345.

Thanks for the immediate and detailed response. 

I would recommend try uninstalling and re-installing the Sonos app from your mobile controller. You may want to download the controller through our support website. Once the Sonos app has been reinstalled, try to connect to the existing system and try adding a music service (Apple music one more time). I would suggest turning off and turning on mobile controller prior to re-installing the Sonos app.

Please let us know how it goes. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

If you’re running one of the Beta versions of iOS, you may also experience an issue. 

Yes.  I just realized that.  I ended up using my iPad to add Apple Music and we’re back in business.  Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @wht12345.

Thanks for the immediate response.

I’m glad everything worked out well. Thank you @Airgetlam for the helping hand.

Please do not hesitate to reach out if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,