podcasts skipping

Userlevel 1
Badge
My Sonos App has also failed me with the latest update where the Airplay 2 function came with other features.

Now, when trying to play a podcast, with the same iPhone 8 I have used over the past year, a podcast will play for about 5 minutes, and then suddenly jump to the beginning of the next podcast in queue, making podcast functionality via "on this device (iPhone)" totally non functional and useless.

Very Sad development... I hope Sonos see's the mistake and fixes the Software bug, and does not try to blame the problem on user's hardware which is not the case in my situation.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
My Sonos App has also failed me with the latest update where the Airplay 2 function came with other features.

Now, when trying to play a podcast, with the same iPhone 8 I have used over the past year, a podcast will play for about 5 minutes, and then suddenly jump to the beginning of the next podcast in queue, making podcast functionality via "on this device (iPhone)" totally non functional and useless.

Very Sad development... I hope Sonos see's the mistake and fixes the Software bug, and does not try to blame the problem on user's hardware which is not the case in my situation.

Hi there,

We're investigating an issue where streaming audio from iOS device's storage leads to drop outs when the iOS device goes to sleep, or auto locks. We'll update this thread when we have more to share, but in the meantime you can disable auto lock in the iOS device's settings menu under Display & Brightness, or disable AirPlay on any non-Sonos devices in your home.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hi Jeff,

Thank you for looking into this...

Hopefully it can be repaired to functionality beforehand, as turning off airplay on all devices is a real pain, and takes away features with those products... and turning off lock screen will drain battery real fast on a device. In my case, lock screen, with phone dark for a few minutes before it would skip to next podcast, not at the time the phone goes to lock screen for what it's worth.

Look forward to a fix,

Cheers
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi there,

We've released version 9.1 today which should help out with issues streaming from iOS devices. Please update your system and test things out. You can read more here.