Podcasts Pause/Stop/Skip with no Solution

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies
How has this podcast random pausing, skipping, stopping issue not been resolved?!?

I have read many many community posts on this issue. Sonos offer several (and opposing) 'solutions' which do nothing. They ask for diagnostics, blame wifi connections and ask people to move their speakers.

I tried using my computer and the windows Sonos player (after reading it on a post) instead of my phone but itunes podcasts do not sync with the Windows application. Surprise surprise....nothing works.

It's all ridiculous. I would never ever buy another product from Sonos. I bought two speakers to play podcasts and it won't work, skips and doesn't even show at what point it stops....I listen to podcasts through my phone speaker, which rests on top of a $200 useless Sonos Speaker.

DO NOT BUY.

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18
Hi, Etho89. These issues are invariably caused by network problems. If you would like assistance in resolving said issues, please submit diagnostics and report back with the confirmation number. Many thanks.
Bull. no such problem here. podcast fails. stops after a few moments. after a few seconds either same one starts up again but NOW FROM THE BEGINNING ALL OVER AGAIN, or a completely different podcasts begin to play, one that is not even the next one up on the queue. DON'T TRY TO PALM THIS NONSENSE OFF ON NETWORK PROBLEMS. THEY ARE NOT THE CAUSE, SONOS APparently stinks
i so resent all the $ i've spent on this infuriating system, stuck with it now, will warn friends away tho
Userlevel 6
Badge +20
lizs wrote:

Bull. no such problem here. podcast fails. stops after a few moments. after a few seconds either same one starts up again but NOW FROM THE BEGINNING ALL OVER AGAIN, or a completely different podcasts begin to play, one that is not even the next one up on the queue. DON'T TRY TO PALM THIS NONSENSE OFF ON NETWORK PROBLEMS. THEY ARE NOT THE CAUSE, SONOS APparently stinks

Hi there,

What is the source of your podacasts? If you're playing from the storage on an iOS device, there's an issue we're looking into where the playback will stop if the iOS device goes into auto lock, or goes to sleep. You can disable auto lock in the iOS device's settings menu under Display & Brightness. Also, disabling AirPlay on non-Sonos devices on your network will also help.
nope, has nothing to do with sleeping, has nothing to do with any of the common solutions you have provided.
maybe if you actually read (sorry, through my increasingly frustrated and angry) descriptions you will see what I'm talking about. But thanks anyway for responding
Userlevel 6
Badge +20
lizs wrote:

nope, has nothing to do with sleeping, has nothing to do with any of the common solutions you have provided.
maybe if you actually read (sorry, through my increasingly frustrated and angry) descriptions you will see what I'm talking about. But thanks anyway for responding

Audio drops don't just happen for no reason. Please describe what you are trying to play, with what device, and from what source. Please submit a diagnostic report after the drops happen, then reply with the confirmation number and the answers to the previous questions, I'll take a look.
I've done all this, several times, emailing sonos tech support. What I've received back from them has not been in the least helpful. Explained extensively, submitted diagnostics as the problems occurred on each of two devices
Last time I had a long-standing infuriating problem where all my wifi worked well but sonos controllers every day or two or sometimes even more often couldn't locate the source, I followed all tech support recommendations buying new cables, a new bridge, moving things around, many many many many calls and emails. Finally spent $300 more to buy a wifi extender that thankfully fixed the problem. All has been working well in the months since then and then--starting yesterday--this crazy podcast situation. nothing changed here. it's aggravating to have to spend long periods of time and sometimes substantial amounts of money to fix something that was sold as if it worked properly off the shelf.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings