Question

Podcast playback.

• 17 October 2020
  • 3 replies

So frustrated to discover that now that itunes is gone I can’t use Sonos to access podcasts via the ios podcast app. I understand there are other podcast apps but I can’t seem to get any that work with my paid subscription podcast as easily as the ios one. What the hell Sonos?!?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Are you actually blaming Sonos for Apple’s retirement of iTunes??

Use the podcast app of your choice and AirPlay it to your Sonos system.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi kelliot66.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand the situation you’re in and wanted to help.

I would like to ask if you can just shoot me a private message of your desired screen name here in the Sonos community and I can take care of it for you.This is to protect your personal information (Email address) from being displayed as your screen name.

Please do not hesitate to reach out or create a topic if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Controlav, yes, I am annoyed at Sonos about it. My speakers don’t work with the air drop and I have tried other podcast apps but they don’t work with paid podcast subscriptions so now I either have to buy more Sonos products I don’t want or listen to podcasts with headphones in a house full of Sonos speakers. I just don’t understand why the app can’t also collect information from apple podcasts, just like it does from Apple Music.