Answered

Pocketcasts

• 21 September 2022
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, Is anyone else experiencing problems with PocketCasts this morning. It’s no longer browsing to the Podcasts linked to my account.

Sonos Service status is showing that it should be working?

icon

Best answer by James L. 21 September 2022, 10:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

16 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Same issue here

Badge +17

Thanks for flagging this. I can reproduce this issue and I’ve passed it on to our engineers for investigation.

Please keep an eye on our Status page for any further updates.

I also have this issue.  Simply says ‘Unable to browse music’ when I navigate to Pocketcasts

I also have this issue.  Simply says ‘Unable to browse music’ when I navigate to Pocketcasts

Same here. 

Pocketcasts has been down for three days now. The first day there was a message saying that Pocketcasts is having a complete outage, but their site was up. Now I’m getting an unable to browse music message. I hope Sonos gets this issue fixed as it’s my most used service.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi Folks,

Please try reauthorizing the Pocket Cast service, as suggested by @Jesterman on the following thread:

I hope this helps.

Badge

Re-authorizing worked for me! Thanks.

Re-authorizing also fixed for me!

Thanks gang!

I've had the same problem for the last 5 days.

Have you first, tried re-authorizing in the Sonos controller, and then contacting the folks at PocketCasts?

Have you first, tried re-authorizing in the Sonos controller, and then contacting the folks at PocketCasts?

I have the same problem.
Pocketcasts works fine, in their own app. So apparently it is between my sonos-device and Pocketcasts.

Have re-authorized, no help.

Have removed Pocketcasts in app, restarted app, added and re-authoirized pocketcasts, still no-go.

Has been like that for several days now, and it still show “all good” on the status-page.

Have you contacted the folks at PocketCasts, as I asked in the quoted text? I believe they run separate servers for their feed to Sonos versus the feed for their own app. 

Have you contacted the folks at PocketCasts, as I asked in the quoted text? I believe they run separate servers for their feed to Sonos versus the feed for their own app. 

Why should I contact Pocketcasts, in regard to a link/agreement between Sonos/Pocketcasts ?

The functionality depends on an agreement between the two.

My Pocketcasts works without Sonos. It is my Sonos that does not fully work as intended in the delivered/promised functionality, from Sonos.

Most likely Sonos is not aware of the problem, as the statuspage show all green/good.

If your ISP has a problem with one of their uplinks, do you contact your ISP or their uplink ?

It depends on whom I pay money to. There’s a significantly higher chance that someone will react to a paying customer.

When HBO goes down on your TV, do you complain to the company who made the TV, or the service that provides HBO?

It depends on whom I pay money to. There’s a significantly higher chance that someone will react to a paying customer.

So when running out of fuel in a car, while the meter shows tank-full, you would complain to the petrol-station, where you last refuelled your car…

When HBO goes down on your TV, do you complain to the company who made the TV, or the service that provides HBO?

If your analogy should be more relevant, if I can play HBO on my phone, on the same network, I would try to fix my TV. But if I can not play HBO on any of the two devices, I would probably start looking into HBO.

In this case of pocketcasts/sonos…

• pockecasts plays nicely, with pocketcasts own app. In other words it’s working fine
  • sonos cannot play pocketcasts, on the same network

Then I would say, that it is the Sonos product that is failing, i.e. I would (and have) contact Sonos.

I’m sure, that if I contact pocketcast, telling them everything works fine in their app, and pleas fix my Sonos device, they would laugh until the end of the day.

The challenge in your case study is that the end point for the data stream is different. PocketCasts uses different servers to provide the Sonos stream than they do to provide the PocketCasts app.