Pocket Casts

Userlevel 3
As a future service, please add Pocket Casts for Android. It is already set up to throw podcasts to a Chromecast, and the added functionality of an alternative to Stitcher would be great.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

39 replies

A thousand times yes. Pocket Casts sync would be great.
Yes! I would LOVE to be able to send my Audi to Sonos from the pocket cast app. By far the best podcast app out there
100% of my media consumption on the go is done through the Pocket Casts app. Having my podcasts at home on my Sonos devices would be great.

Pocket Casts handle my subscriptions from podcast directories but also from stand-alone RSS feeds and can't be replicated in Sticher or Podcasts App (Apple) to my knowledge.
I'd love this two. It's the main reason I still have Chromecast Audio in every room.
+1 I struggle with podcasts on my Sonos too. I love pocket casts for Android. The material design is spot on and the experience is top notch. I could get used to a Spotify type listening integration for pocket casts so I can just launch the audio on my Sonos from pocket casts.

Thanks!
+1; syncing podcasts across devices is even more important than syncing music services in my mind. So this would be a great addition. Pocketcasts already has a solid offering across all mobile devices; they seem like a great podcasting source to add/partner with.

Alternatively—of course—AirPlay and/or Chrome cast integration would mitigate 85% of problems as well.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi everyone,

Pocket Casts just entered our Sonos music service beta program. You can now find and add the service to your Sonos systems by going to Add Music Services and find it under the list of beta services.

If you're not seeing it there, make sure you check for software updates and get the latest version of Sonos.
Userlevel 2
Badge +7
Thanks .. think I just beat you to it with my earlier posting ... but that didn't tell how to enable it.
Thanks Ryan S, very excited to try this out today. Just a small addition for fellow readers/users, the beta services can be found behind the 'Visit Sonos Labs' button (at least on MacOS).
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks Ryan S, very excited to try this out today. Just a small addition for fellow readers/users, the beta services can be found behind the 'Visit Sonos Labs' button (at least on MacOS).

In the desktop controller, it's called Sonos Labs. The mobile controllers now are using a tag calling out Beta.

Thanks .. think I just beat you to it with my earlier posting ... but that didn't tell how to enable it.
You absolutely did beat me.
Badge
It is a good start for a long wished feature but ideally we would play directly from the pocket cast app like in Spotify or make the filters visible in sonos. To just play one single episode at the time was already possible. The advantage of such a podcast agregator is also that you can generate playlists that automatically add new episodes and removed played ones and where you can play from the oldest to the newest. I believe this is the feature most podcast subscribers want.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
This is excellent news. For me, it fills in one major gap in the sources covered by the Sonos app. Just a bit surprised that I heard about it first from an article on another website and not directly from Sonos.
Badge +1
Agree with kimgsriver64 Pocket Cast is great and now my Sonos system is complete for me. Had still been using old SqueezeBox units to listen to several podcasts
Just found out this has been implemented... So happy!!! Thanks Sonos!