Pocket Casts

Userlevel 3
As a future service, please add Pocket Casts for Android. It is already set up to throw podcasts to a Chromecast, and the added functionality of an alternative to Stitcher would be great.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

39 replies

Userlevel 1
I heartily concur.  Pocket casts on Sonos would rock!
Yes. Pocket Casts for iOS also. This would be a great functionality.
I just want to add my voice to this!
Yessir! This would be great.
This would be brilliant if it could
agreed!!!
Userlevel 1
I completely agree that this would be great - podcasts is the one area that can be pretty frustrating with Sonos.  

However, I wanted to clarify what the original poster - Ian Ross - (and one of the other commenters) is actually asking for.  They both mentioned Android and iOS.  However, I think the ideal solution here is for Sonos to add Pocket Casts as a source - just like Pandora or anything else - and then it would stream your podcasts via the internet rather than streaming it from your phone.  I think this would be a much better solution since it wouldn't require any specific hooks into the phone itself, plus would save a lot of battery life.  
Having pocket casts as a source would be good, however I listen to podcasts on my car and while I'm out walking my dog etc, and would like to be able to continue from where I left off, so having the option to have it as a source but also being able to play from the app as well would be best
Having pocket casts as a source would be good, however I listen to podcasts on my car and while I'm out walking my dog etc, and would like to be able to continue from where I left off, so having the option to have it as a source but also being able to play from the app as well would be best
If you sign up for a pocketcasts account you get syncing between devices. So this wouldn't be an issue.
Userlevel 1
Yep, I maybe should have made that more clear but I was going under the assumption that syncing would take place since they already sync across apps/web.  So if you listened to a podcast for 20 minutes on Sonos, your progress would get updated on your phone and vice-versa.  

I really hope Sonos considers this.  Podcasting has been growing steadily in popularity (especially in the last 12 months) and it's the 1 thing that Sonos really doesn't handle well. Pocket Casts is certainly one of the more popular options out there - and because they already have listening via the web available, I would assume that means that most of the heavy lifting that would be necessary to become a "music service" on Sonos is already in place.  The upside for them (pocket casts) would be that this would potentially drive more sales of their app.  Win win!  
Yes please
I find Pocket Casts much more user friendly than Stitcher.  It takes way to many steps to find, subscribe, and play on Stitcher.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Not perfect, but I am using PocketCasts web version on Windows 8.1 over Sonos:
https://ask.sonos.com/sonos/topics/pocketcast-web-app-streaming-over-sonos
Just want to add my +1! Pocket cast is great and keeps getting better. I use it between iPad and android phone, and it's the one major thing missing for me from Sonos.
Userlevel 1
+1. Additionally Sonos could be more competitive with Google Cast if they integrated directly so any content casted from an app which supports Chromecast could be played on a Sonos speaker.
Userlevel 1
Badge
+1 from a new Sonos user.
Please Sonos, add Pocket Casts as a service since it is the best podcast app for Android. All other services are missing à lot of podcasts I listen.

I have never been able to use a universal, easy and elegant way to listen to all my podcasts using Sonos. I use TuneIn Radio for some podcasts. For the other one, not available on TuneIn Radio, I download them from Pocket Casts on my phone but Sonos can access them only if I reboot the phone and if all previous shows are deleted. Even then, some podcasts are not sorted in their proper folder (just the general "podcast" folder), show names are and the titles are just some weird string of alphanumeric characters!

Any suggestion for a more elegant way to listen to all my podcasts and solve these issues?
Please add PocketCasts to Sonos. I would love to be able to pick up listening to the podcasts where I left off on my iPhone.
Please add Pocket Cast from shifty jelly
I recently bought two Sonos speakers, but when I realised that Pocket Casts is not supported, I returned them. Please, add the Pocket Casts source. What is retaining you? I am pretty sure that the Pocket Casts folks are willing to collaborate. I really don't understand this policy...
Policy? Sonos welcomes all comers. You need to have the Pocket folks sign up as a Mu SD ic Partner and start integrating. Up to them, Sonos is ready, and willing.

http://musicpartners.sonos.com/?q=node/21
Hello,
I Ärger to msartoris. The Podcast Integration is a crap. I have a tvbar and this will be The only device i Buy from Sonos.
For the different Other speakers i Plan to Use AirPlay by apple
Hello,
I Ärger to msartoris. The Podcast Integration is a crap. I have a tvbar and this will be The only device i Buy from Sonos.
For the different Other speakers i Plan to Use AirPlay by apple

Well, have fun with all the dropouts!
Badge
Please please add integration with Pocket Casts. I currently have just the soundbar for my TV, but might consider switching over to Vizio for the whole house... Pocket Casts to Google Cast works for that, and it will seriously sway my decision.
+1000