Answered

playlists options via airplay

If a guest is playing a song on my Sonos and I want to add that song to one of my playlists the S2 controller won't allow me to add it. Or even take me to the album or song info on the S2 controller so I can manually add it. However, I can see in the S2 controller what song is being played. I don't see why this connection couldn't be established so you can continue curating your playlist from songs guests are playing. When I click the (...) It doesn't give any options. 

icon

Best answer by John B 7 June 2022, 23:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

No. Displaying a few elements of metadata is not the same as being able to access a music file. even assuming a file exists. The track may even be stored on a device or from a service to which the Sonos system has no access.

When you use Airplay you are not using the Sonos system. 

You can see track info from a radio stream, but there are no filepaths you can add to Sonos playlists. Nor are there with Airplay

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

As a work around, you could use Shazam to find the song and enter it into your Apple Music (or Spotify) playlist. Sonos will connect to Apple Music playlists.