Playlists not appearing on one controller

• 21 February 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi

my Playlists appear on the app on my iPhone, but not on my iPad. If I play my playlist though my iPhone and then open my iPad all my playlist appear. How do I get them to appear on the iPad without having to play though the iPhone

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Roy246 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

First, please try rebooting your iPad - it may clear the issue.

What is the source of your playlists - were they created within the Sonos app, or imported from your Music Library (iTunes/new Apple Music app)?

If you have any WiFi extenders/boosters, it might be worth turning these off to test and see if they are the cause of the problem - it sounds like your Sonos devices are having trouble sending the iPad information.

The quickest fix may be to just get in touch with our technical support team - they’ll be able to get diagnostics from your system which may point to the cause of this problem directly. 

I thought there was a known issue with playlists not appearing on some i-devices, that is being investigated?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Certainly, sometimes playlists don’t appear, but I am not aware of (even after searching) any issues that we are currently investigating - the missing playlist problems are usually resolved on the computer sharing the music.

It would depend on where the playlists are coming from, but as the speakers clearly have the playlists (if they didn’t, they wouldn’t show on either controller device), it seems more likely that the iPad is having an issue communicating with the Sonos speakers, or just needs a reboot.

@Roy246 If you continue to have this problem, can you share some screenshots? Please also let us know where the playlists are from.

This is the one I was thinking of. Don't know if it has since been resolved. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Thanks @John B - I was reading it as “"missing playlists" rather than “missing playlist section". 

@Roy246  - is it the entire Playlist section missing from your My Sonos screen, or individual playlists? If the former, we are aware of the (rare) problem and are currently working on a fix.

Hi

thinking about it , it is the playlist section missing on the IPad. It appears on the iPhone but not iPad 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Understood. In that case, we are currently working on a fix and nothing is wrong with your system - in time, all will be well without you needing to reconfigure anything. Please make sure you have automatic updates ticked in Settings » System » System Updates.