playlists gone from my sonos - no reset done

• 10 August 2021
  • 5 replies

hi 

I have lost all my playlists and I have not done any reset only added a couble of ikea sonos speakers to my system

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

@Jacob B,

A few quick questions to perhaps clarify a bit more detail what took place during the install…

• What Sonos App/devices were in use to begin with?
  • What precise steps did you take to install each of your new IKEA speakers? 
  • Which devices were/are wired to the LAN, or using a wireless connection?
  • Are you seeing all your Sonos/IKEA devices now in the same Sonos App? 
Userlevel 7
Badge +21

@Jacob B Are you using an Apple device. If so then this is an outstanding issue. They are still there and if you connect with an Android device they will show, and then also show on iOS. 

Otherwise keep closing and re open the iOS app and they will eventually turn up. 

Hi and thanks for the quick reply 

I am using an android device 

I followed the installation instructions when adding the ikea speakers - my gen 1 play 5 have not been disconnected or reset in the past few years.

All speakers are using wifi and here I have changed to a newly required mesh wifi system

All speakers are visible I my app

Jacob 

Hi and thanks for the quick reply 

I am using an android device 

I followed the installation instructions when adding the ikea speakers - my gen 1 play 5 have not been disconnected or reset in the past few years.

All speakers are using wifi and here I have changed to a newly required mesh wifi system

All speakers are visible I my app

Jacob 

@Jacob B 

I’m really not sure what’s happened here, as there is still not enough detail about the steps taken, unless you’ve perhaps somehow created a ‘new’ system by accident, but things are still unclear and I don’t want to suggest any steps to fix in case it makes matters worse for you.

You might be best to contact Sonos Support and see what they can glean from a diagnostic report.

Here’s how to do the diagnostic report (note down the report reference):

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/141

You can then perhaps contact Support Staff via this link:

https://support.sonos.com/s/contact

Hope you manage to get things sorted.👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Do NOT factory reset anything else your playlists will really be gone.