Question

Playing podcasts from Apple Podcast app

• 6 January 2016
  • 3 replies

It is my understanding that I should be able to simply select "on this phone" and "podcasts" to locate podcasts I have subscribed to through the Apple podcast app. However, it says that I have no podcasts. Customer service tells me that the only way to play podcasts is to download them from itunes, which I know is not true. I set up my parents' speakers last week and simply subscribed to a podcast through the Apple Podcast app and was able to make it play. Can anyone tell me why I am unable to do this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Badge
Kinda stinks that you'd have to download the podcasts onto the phone. Perhaps Alexa can link to certain podcast apps.
Try allowing your Sonos to accept Media in iPhone settings too. That did it for me
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi Jennifer, playing Podcasts through Sonos the way you described is possible indeed. Make sure you do download them onto your iPhone using the "Podcasts" app. Once done, they will appear in the "Podcasts" menu in the "This iPhone" library in the Sonos Controller.