Answered

playing my playlist from my home Sonos one on my work Sonos one.

• 22 February 2020
  • 7 replies

Hi!

I have a work phone, connected to my work Sonos One. 
I also have a private phone connected to my private Sonos One.

Can I play my playlist, created by me on my home phone/Sonos, at work?

If yes; please tell my step by step how to go about it?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 22 February 2020, 20:10

No, they’re two separate systems, and all of the “playlists” are stored on the speaker, and not on the controller on your phone. 

You could potentially copy over by connecting one to the other, which would ‘sync’ the playlists, at the expense of erasing everything that was previously on that speaker. That would require moving one of the speakers and adding it temporarily to the other system.

View original

7 replies

Hi. Sonos playlists are stored on the speakers not the apps so there is no way to copy them to another system. 

No, they’re two separate systems, and all of the “playlists” are stored on the speaker, and not on the controller on your phone. 

You could potentially copy over by connecting one to the other, which would ‘sync’ the playlists, at the expense of erasing everything that was previously on that speaker. That would require moving one of the speakers and adding it temporarily to the other system.

Hi. Sonos playlists are stored on the speakers not the apps so there is no way to copy them to another system. 

Thank you for replying John!

Thank you Bruce, I think I’ll try that.

It’s a pain, and you’ll lose all your previous settings on the one you move, but it should work, as long as you connect the one you move to your router with an Ethernet cable. You’ll then have challenges maintaining the Wi-Fi settings, since they’ll be overwritten, so when you take it back to work, you’ll likely need to connect it to that router with an Ethernet cable again, so you can connect and enter the correct Wi-Fi data. 

Frankly, it’s much easier to set up your playlists on the external service you use, and access them that way. Then you wouldn’t need to move anything. 

Thank you! I’ve decided to just start a new playlist altogether. Quite nice to do actually, now I’ve set my mind to it.

Enjoy your day!