Playing my iTunes Library through Sonos without paid subscription

• 8 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello,

I would really appreciate some help with this….

I have a Play 1 and a Connect Amp.

I have a large library of music of my own on iTunes. Previously, I used the ‘play from this device’ to play this music from my iPad. When this disappeared I moved everything to GooglePlay and it worked fine. When I was told that this was going as well I was told to move everything to Youtube. I made the transfer and all was ok.

This weekend I went to play an album and found that all that is stored on my Youtube account is a few playlists-none of my other music at all. I went back to Googleplay (but of course I cannot see what is actually there anymore) and requested to transfer my library again. Transfer complete, but the same playlists remain with no other music.

I want to play my music from my iPad through Sonos. I do not want to have to pay a subscription to a music service. Apparently my devices cannot connect through airplay and so I am seemingly stuck without a solution.

Can anyone suggest a free app, available through Sonos that I can upload my library to and play from please? I have tried Spotify, youtube, Deezer etc, but all require a paid subscription to allow play through Sonos.

Any help gratefully received! Thanks so much

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Buy a Sonos device that has Airplay, such as a One SL. You can then group ask of your either speakers to be able to play your iTunes music.

Or buy a network attached storage drive NAS and store all your music on that and add it as a music library on Sonos. 

Thank you for your reply.

I am trying to find a solution where I don’t have to buy anything else….

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Then there isn’t one:rolling_eyes:

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

There is a third-party Sonos integration for OneDrive, that might work for you.