playing music from iohone

It is absolutely ridiculous that you can no longer play music stored on your iPhone, iPad or Apple device on Sonos!! The music has been paid for and you have other options like Pandora or Spotify to play through the system but not from Apple!!! This is ridiculous!!! Causing us to look at options for our new home build for music / sound system!! Don’t give me the line that the IOS is unreliable, BULL!!!! Just make the way it was!

2 replies

It is absolutely ridiculous that you can no longer play music stored on your iPhone, iPad or Apple device on Sonos!! The music has been paid for and you have other options like Pandora or Spotify to play through the system but not from Apple!!! This is ridiculous!!! Causing us to look at options for our new home build for music / sound system!! Don’t give me the line that the IOS is unreliable, BULL!!!! Just make the way it was!

Your profile says you have the Sonos One, there’s no reason at all why you cannot Play the music/audio that is stored on your phone to that device, or any sonos device that it is grouped with. I think you may have misread something, somewhere, 🤔 as Apple AirPlay works absolutely fine for playback of music, stations, podcasts, audiobook, movie audio etc; on Sonos.

You should be angry at Apple, they took this function away from both Sonos and Bluesound.  Nothing Sonos could do.

And yes, you can Airplay to the Sonos One.