Question

Playing movie audio through Sonos

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

59 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You don't seem to know much about Sonos or your purchase.

I get all my computer audio via Sonos using a connect attached. For those with Apple devices they are adding Airplay2 (which would be a source of audio direct from computer) later this year. ACtually there is a current Mac program called Sonoair that will send computer audio direct to Sonos.

There are also programs like "streamwhatyouhear" on PC that will create a network stream of PC audio.

It's not a Bluetooth speaker if that is what you were expecting! Its a wifi speaker and there is not STANDARD for wifi audio streaming direct from a computer.
Since you seem to know so much, please send links.
Still, no go for Apple - Sonoair is not trusted by Apple and suggest not downloading it. So I guess I have to wait.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
ummmm ... there are lots of people that use Sonoair. Of course Apple doesn't endorse it - it bypasses their airplay encryption allowing non-apple devices to connect to airplay. There is no reason not to run it.
Guys, do you have any idea how to do the same on mainly Windows and, as an option, Android devices?
I would like to hear a sound from Sonos Play 3 while watching movies on Windows 10 based loptop... without using extda devices from Sonos.
Any apps for Windows to broadband a sound on Sonos Play 3?
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Guys, do you have any idea how to do the same on mainly Windows and, as an option, Android devices?
I would like to hear a sound from Sonos Play 3 while watching movies on Windows 10 based loptop... without using extda devices from Sonos.
Any apps for Windows to broadband a sound on Sonos Play 3?

Chris quoted this:----
There are also programs like "streamwhatyouhear" on PC that will create a network stream of PC audio..

Not tried it myself though.
And this is why I'm returning my Sonos Play:1... it's a lovely looking bit of kit and the sound was great but we bought it assuming it was a standalone speaker that could connect to the laptop and play any audio from Netflix/movies (as well as Spotify/ iTunes which we use far less). It's just pretty useless to us without the ability to play sound from films and TV shows we watch.
Horses for courses.