playing downloaded music

• 3 July 2020
  • 5 replies

I have Music downloaded on my iPhone 11. I don’t want to play it through Apple Music, as it is music I already purchased and I don’t want to pay for Apple Music. However there was no option on the browse tab on Sonos to do so. My friend has a Sonos system andSays he does not have a problem playing music downloaded on his iPhone X on his Sonos system. However, when he can next to mine, he cannot do so. Any

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

That was supposed to say “connects to mine,” not “can next to mine.”  Any ideas why?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

This feature was removed a long time ago from the iOS app as Apple removed the underlying feature. I am guessing your friend is still using an old version of the app, and an old version of iOS.

Instead use the Apple Music app and use Airplay to send it to your Sonos speakers (assuming they are new enough to support Airplay).

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

This feature was removed a long time ago from the iOS app as Apple removed the underlying feature. I am guessing your friend is still using an old version of the app, and an old version of iOS.

Instead use the Apple Music app and use Airplay to send it to your Sonos speakers (assuming they are new enough to support Airplay).

This. You can Airplay to your One. 

I own about a dozen Sonos products and can say, as a company, they absolutely suck.  They removed a key feature and are downplaying it by saying “just stream it.”  Done with them.  Seriously, it’s probably the only speaker these days you can buy that doesn't allow bluetooth or playing music you own off your phone.  So many options are out there now that do better for cheaper.  Don’t buy Sonos.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I own about a dozen Sonos products and can say, as a company, they absolutely suck.  They removed a key feature and are downplaying it by saying “just stream it.”  Done with them.  Seriously, it’s probably the only speaker these days you can buy that doesn't allow bluetooth or playing music you own off your phone.  So many options are out there now that do better for cheaper.  Don’t buy Sonos.

Your kidding right?  This “feature” was disabled by Apple actions at least 1 year ago and you’ve only just noticed!  Oh yes and this is your first post. Just spamming or trolling per chance?