Answered

Playing an input from one sonos amp to the rest of the system

• 6 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi all - 

I currently have a Sonos amp which is powering two sonance outdoor speakers.  Also have an outdoor TV and two other speakers in a location which is to far to connect to my current sonos amp.  I am curious if I am able to install a Sonos amp near the tv location allowing the tv to then play out of the two sonance speakers which are wired to the other amp.  Essentially having the TV play out of both sonos amp locations.

Thanks 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 7 June 2021, 02:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Yes, you can connect an Amp to the TV via HDMI ARC or optical adapter and then group both Amps to play the TV audio out of the speakers connected to the first Amp. There will be a slight audio delay from the speakers though.

Are you planning on wiring a pair of speakers to the second Amp?

HI

Yes there are currently a pair of speakers located in that outdoor area near the TV however they are not connected to the tv, they are connected to a Bluetooth head unit which i would ultimately remove.

so in theory i would have two amps each powering a different set of speakers and then could would have optionality of playing the TV out of one or both of the sets of speakers.

Userlevel 7

Yes, that is correct.