Question

play music from iphone

• 15 September 2019
  • 6 replies

Have had my Sonos for a couple of years. Just updated Sonos recently and now the tab that let me browse my music in my phone is gone. It worked previously and iPhone setting are set to allow access. A little help would be appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18
If you have a line-in you could plug in a Bluetooth receiver.
Same thing is happening to me. I have bought thousands of songs on iTunes, put lots of time in making my playlists. I don’t have amazon music, YouTube music, Napster, etc. I’ve always used the music on my phone. I’ve had sonos for about 5 to 6 years now, currently own 8 sonos devices. Will this issue be resolved any time soon?
You appear to have options open to you, as your profile shows some of your Sonos devices are possibly iOS Airplay compatible, but if not, just cable a cheap Apple Airport Express device to one of your line-in ports.
Bose and Android is looking kinda good right now
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
See
https://en.community.sonos.com/announcements-228985/on-this-iphone-or-ipad-no-longer-available-6829000
Same thing is happening to me. I have bought thousands of songs on iTunes, put lots of time in making my playlists. I don’t have amazon music, YouTube music, Napster, etc. I’ve always used the music on my phone. I’ve had sonos for about 5 to 6 years now, currently own 8 sonos devices. Will this issue be resolved any time soon?
Apple has made a change to iOS that breaks the ability for Sonos to play "from this device". May I suggest that you read the main thread on this, particularly the first post, which offers, and discusses many options, ranging from free to not?